Chapter 5

*Hunter's POV*

"Excuse me! Excuse me! Coming through!" I yell to my security in hopes that I can catch up to Jessie before it's too late.

Running through the mob of fans, risking my life by getting crushed, I desperately try to get to the front of the crowd to see if Jessie left yet but knowing my luck she already did.

"Jessie come back here!" I hear a voice yell.

Whipping around, I see the boy Jessie was with earlier standing to the side to see if Jessie would come back to him. Maybe I can get some information out of him.......

I walk up to him casually and just attempt to make small talk.

"Are you dating Jessie?" I ask.

"Me? No. But she wishes that she was dating you."

"Really?" I question, stunned that she actually liked me like that.

"Are you kidding me? She can never stop talking about you. She goes on and on about you, constantly watching your YouTube videos. She's nuts about you," he explains.

"Wow.........." I gasp, shocked, "I'm sorry I never caught your name."

"It's Austin. Austin Mahone."

"Well it's nice to meet you Austin. Do you know where Jessie went?"

"No clue. She took off somewhere but she's not gonna get anywhere because I have the keys," Austin replies while dangling his car keys in front of my face.

*Austin's POV*

Dammit. Where the hell is she?!? As Hunter and I scan the crowd together, I just barely manage to spot her over in the far corner of the parking lot. I nudge Hunter, pointing over to her, and begin taking off running towards her. At first she seems happy to see me but then when she gets a look at Hunter her face turns to a mixture of anger and sadness.

"Look who I brought," I smile in an attempt to lighten the mood.

"You left me," she mutters under her breath, refusing to make eye contact.

"Look I am really sorry about that-"

"Yeah I'm sure you are," she grumbles sarcastically.

"Jessie stop being a bitch and just hear him out," I blurt.

She just looks at me, her face full of shock. Shit now I just stepped into the middle of this........

"I wish I could've come back but I couldn't. I just never had time-"

"Yeah, well, you could've called or texted or messaged me on Facebook or something."

"And you really think that after all these years that I would still know your number?" Hunter chuckles.

I stand in the parking lot, eventually tuning them out and just end up admiring their conversation. After all these years of desperately wishing to talk to him, she's finally given the opportunity and she's practically throwing it out the window. I understand that she's upset with him but she doesn't have to push him out of her life completely, although he kinda did that to her.

"I hate you Hunter," I hear Jessie growl, instantly drawing me back into the conversation.

"Hey! Hey! Hey! Jessie, seriously, just hear him out. He's doing nothing wrong. He wants to make things right and you won't let him," I blurt.

"Give me the keys I wanna go home," she whispers.

"You're not getting any keys until you two make up. You either make up or I leave you stranded in this parking lot. Which will it be?" 

After a few moments of silence, Jessie groans, probably choosing the first one. Good choice.

"Jessie let me take you out on a date tomorrow night. My treat. We can get caught up. It'll be just like old times. What do you say?" Hunter proposes.

"A date with you? Yeah no thanks," she snaps.

"Ahem!" I fake caugh in an attempt to make Jessie realize that I will leave her here if she's not nice.

"I mean I'd love to," she fake smiles before shooting me a death glare, only causing me to smirk.

"Much better," I mouth to her.

"Great! So how does tomorrow night at eight sound?" Hunter asks.

"That's-" Jessie begins.

"Great!" I cheer, "she'll see you then."

"Hunter we have to go," one of his crew members whispers to him.

"Oh, right. Completely forgot. I'll see you guys later. I'll pick you up at your place Jessie. I'll tweet you and then direct message me your address and number," Hunter yells as a crew member walks him back to the bus.

"See that wasn't so hard," I smirk.

Before she has a chance to respond, she begins to fake cough, acting like she has a cold so she doesn't have to go tomorrow.

"Suck it up I know when tomorrow comes you won't even want the date to end," I state.

I begin to walk back to my car and a few moments later I notice Jessie isn't following me. Turning around, I see that she's still standing by the fence, watching Hunter load all his gear back onto the bus. I slowly begin to walk over to her, eventually placing my hand on her shoulder when I reach her.

"Actually Austin I think I'd rather stay here for the night," she whispers.

"You sure? You aren't gonna pretend to be sick again or anything?" I chuckle.

"Of course not."

As soon as Hunter lays his eyes on her, she immediately runs over to him and gives him a big hug. He twirls her around in his arms before placing her back down on the ground, smiling. That girl that was pissed at him is long gone now. 

Now they're back to the way they were...........