Chapter 3

After this weeks episode of #ForTheLoveOfMusic ends, I shut down my laptop, get up off the couch, and proceed over to the window where we get a marvelous overview of the city.

"Oh, Hunter. Where are you?" I whimper sadly.

I stare down at my sneakers and then take a seat on the couch, unsure of what to do next.

"Oh, Jessie," Austin calls as he walks through our apartment door.

"You're here to annoy me again?" I ask with a smirk on my face as I stand up to see him.

"No.........well, yes," he stutters as he shakes his head no, "but that's not what I came here for after working all morning."

"You work?" I ask, feeling my eyes grow wide at the thought that Austin never likes to lift a finger yet he's working.

"Not that kind of work," he smiles as he approaches me with his laptop in his hand, "I did a little research and look at what I found."

I take Austin's laptop from his hands and sit down on the couch, placing it on my lap so I can read what he has to show me. It's a newspaper article that was just written this morning. I scroll down a little ways and see the headline in bolded black.

Hunter Hayes To Return Home To His Hometown Of Breaux Bridge, Louisiana For Concert. Tickets On Sale Now!!!

"This was what you had to show me?" I question with a disappointed look on my face.

"Well I figured you'd be jumping for joy at the thought that you'd get to see him again after, like, ten years or so-"

"He's not even gonna remember me so what's the point?" I ask as I throw my arms up in the air in frustration.

"You could get tickets," Austin suggests.

"If I had money which I don't. And I wouldn't really wanna go anyway-"

"Jessie," Austin glares, "you're wearing Hunter Hayes EARRINGS!! I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be wearing them if you didn't wanna go."

I quickly blush and remove my earrings, trying to not make it obvious that I'm taking them out. Austin smiles and then I drop the earrings in the palm of his hand.

"I'm not wearing them anymore," I smirk.

"You were five seconds ago until I pointed it out."

"Your point?" I ask.

"What if I told you I would buy you tickets if you would go?" Austin replies.

"I'd probably kiss you but we're better off as friends so I'm not gonna bother doing that so I'll hug you instead."

"Well then you better start hugging me because I got front row tickets with backstage passes," he grins.

I begin squealing like a little girl and then give Austin the biggest hug ever, possibly squeezing the life out of him. I let him go after a few seconds and he immediately begins fixing his hair. He places his snapback back on his head and smiles, revealing two tickets and two backstage passes in his hand. I admire the fact that those tickets are so close, yet, so far away. Austin nods and then I take one ticket and backstage pass. I'm going to assume that Austin bought himself a set two.

"I figured that if you were gonna go, I should go too. Besides, you always say that he's an amazing guy so I figured that I'd like to meet him," Austin explains.

"You're the best. You know that right?" I question while still holding a smile on my face.

"Yeahhh. I am the best, aren't I?" Austin grins.

"Yes, yes you are. I seriously don't deserve a friend as amazing and loving as you," I blush as I hug him.

"You do," he replies, "just don't ever think about replacing me because that'll be impossible considering that there isn't anybody more awesome than me in the world."

I laugh at his silliness before pulling away, still in shock that he actually bought me tickets. I will forever be grateful to Austin for this. I owe him big time. This must've cost him a fortune. I still can't believe it.

I'm going to see Hunter Hayes, my best friend, live in concert next weekend.

This is will be the first time I've seen him face to face in over ten years.

I wonder if he will remember me..........