Chapter 2

"Hey.........hey.........hey Jessie........wake up," I hear Austin whisper in my ear.

"Five more minutes," I groan.

"Hunter's here," he whispers again, causing me to jolt awake.

"Hunter?!?" I freak out.

Austin begins chuckling to himself, making me realize that he lied. I slap his arm, causing him to fake a hurt look.

"You suck! You're not nice, you know that right?"

"And you just realized this," Austin laughs.

"J-j-just shut up," I snap.

After Austin finally controls his laughter, I kick him out of my room to get dressed. I throw on my Hunter Hayes T-shirt, necklace, charm bracelet, earrings, and then walk out, fully dressed in my Hunter Hayes gear.

"If I didn't know better I'd say someone's obsessed with him," Austin states as soon as he gets a good look at what I'm wearing.

"I'm just proud of him and everything he's accomplished. He's my best friend-"

"WAS, your best friend. Until he moved to Nashville and ditched you-"

"He didn't ditch me-"

"No, he just moved on to a bigger place to meet better people and fall in love with someone that isn't you-"

"He'd never replace me," I mutter.

"A little late to say that. He replaced you with his music. He's putting his career ahead of his "best friend"."

I roll my eyes at Austin's obnoxiousness and just have a seat on the couch and pull out my laptop. I log into YouTube and pull up Hunter's channel to watch the new episode of #ForTheLoveOfMusic. I like watching them because it let's me see what Hunter's life is like now and how much it's changed since then. He's so lucky that he's doing what he's doing right now, and I'm glad that he's still so humble and so thankful for everything that he's been given. I click on the video, plug in my headphones, and click play.

"Someone misses their best friend," Austin mumbles next to my ear.

"I just like watching these, OK, they're funny," I half lie.

"It's OK to admit that you miss him Jessie. Everyone misses somebody at some point in their life."

"I don't just miss him...............I'm in love with him...........Ever since I first met him. I always knew he would be the one for me. I just never knew that his career would actually take off causing him to become a major superstar, leaving me in the dust," I admit.

"I'm sure he misses you and still thinks about you-"

"Oh really? Because he never talks to me on Facebook. He never tweets me. He never calls or texts. So what makes you believe that he still thinks about me?"

"I'm just trying to make you feel better that's all-"

"Well stop trying because it's not gonna work so just go back to whatever you were doing and leave me be," I snap.

"I am, and you can't know what it is because it's a secret that will be a surprise."

I roll my eyes, put the ear buds in my ears, press play, and enjoy the three minutes that I get to cherish over and over again watching the love of my life, Hunter Hayes.