Cap 3

//Life isn't always what you think it'd be
Turn your head for one second and the tables turn
And I know, I know that I did you wrong
But will you trust me
When I say that I'll make it up to you
Somehow, somehow

So you gotta fire up
You gotta let go
You'll never be loved
Till you've made your own,
You gotta face up
You gotta get yours
You never know the top
Till you get too low

I'm so sorry
I'm so sorry
I'm so sorry//

*****

Avengers' Naval base

Location: Atlantic Ocean

I was walking through a brightly lit corridor with a big black travel bag on wheels in my left hand. The corridor was noiseless and I could only hear a quiet sound of my own steps and the wheels, chattering on

the silver-metal floor.

I came to a glass wall in the middle of the corridor and enclosed my ID card to a scanner. The indicator turned green as it accepted the card and then with a positive beep opened the glass door. I could continue straight or turn right or left. All three corridors looked exactly the same, which might appeared to be

a huge maze to someone who hasn't known it there. However, that was not my case. I knew exactly where I was supposed to go, since I'd been here before.

I automatically headed left and kept walking past many doors, until I found myself in front of a door number 24. I unlocked the door and entered to a dark cabin.

When I turned the lights on, a small but comfy room appeared in front of me. There was no window, which wasn't surprising since it was all underwater. Although it might be quite disturbing for someone, I was used to it.

I ran a quick glance around the room and found out it was exactly the same as the last time I'd been here. Every base has always someone who is in charge of keeping our rooms clean and ready for us, even though we may not visit them for months.

Each of the rooms in this base was square-shaped with white walls and light grey metal floor, which created a cold, but clean and simple look of that space. It was equipped with standard appointments. There was, obviously, a double bed (in case that any of us had some visitors – guess who'd designed it), a working desk with a comfy chair and a table-lamp, since the ceiling light couldn't fully reach to the corner where the desk was. Another door next to a wardrobe led to a small, noodle-shaped bathroom.

I didn't have much time, because I was supposed to be in a common room in twenty minutes and since the journey here had taken me over ten minutes, I had to speed up a bit. According to that, I threw my bag on the bed and found the clothes I wanted to wear. I changed into a black jeans, top and a black jacket. That was my usual look - black everything.

When I left the room, I saw a blond haired woman in the same corridor as I was. She must have just left one of the guest-rooms.

"Sharon Carter?" I asked and the woman stopped and turned. "I'm not sure if you remember me..." I said to her, but she replied straight away.

"Jessica Pitts, of course I remember you..." she said with a smile and came closer to me. "I've heard about your father..." her expression turned into a compassionate one. "I'm truly sorry for what happened to him, he was a good agent..."

"Thank you, I appreciate it..." I responded sadly. "Anyway, are you going to the meeting?" I changed the conversation, because I didn't wanted to talk about what happened two years ago.