10

Andy:

With his face still to the side, it gives me the opportunity to catch my breath and think more clearly. Those green eyes.

"I'll work for you when I lose my dignity." I push his chest hard to create space between us.

Dang it! That was so useless! Can't you see the size of this guy? Speaking of hard, his chest is really hard.

With his eyes cast down for a few more seconds, he finally looks down at me. I have to lift my face to be able to look at him directly and to show him that I am not afraid of him.

"You will work for me whether you like it or not."

"Uh-huh." Quickly licking the corner of my mouth, I narrow my eyes. "You know this is a waste of your time. Not mine."

He looks down at his watch and quickly pulls me close to him, trapping both my arms. I try to free myself, but I can't. He towers over me.

Disturbing memories rush through my head, but I push them into the deepest depths of my mind.

Stopping my struggling, I realize just how close we are. Way too close. I can feel his hard body. I tense. So that means he can probably feel mine. I fight to get out of his grip.

Yeah, I came to the same exact conclusion. There's no point.

With my arms still trapped, he lowers his head to look directly into my eyes. He leans so close that we're nose to nose. He looks at my lips and my breathing hitches. His pupils enlarge, and he leans his mouth to my ear whispering, "Expect yourself coming back here, Andrea."

I gulp. Despite my hot face, I fake the sweetest laugh and knee him where the sun don't shine. I am done and tired of his games.

He grunts, still holding onto me.

"You wish," I say, freeing myself from his arms. "Espero no volverlo a ver nunca [I hope to never see you again]."

I storm out of his office, slamming the door hard behind me.

No one will EVER treat me like an object again.

¤ ¤ ¤

"Psst."

Jimena stops walking. She looks around.

"Psst." I hiss louder. "Jimena."

She looks up to the ceiling. "God? Is that you?"

Irritated, I throw her a gum wrapper shaped into a small ball.

"Jimena!"

"Andy?" Her eyes widen at the sight of me. "Why are you hiding behind this plant?" She touches the leaf with her pen, but then scares me when she gasps loudly.

I give her a confused look. "What?"

"Did you do something naughty?" She starts to hyperventilate. "Oh my God! You did, didn't you? I'm so proud of you! Who would've thought my innocent little Andy would go all rebellious!"

"No, it's not like tha-"

"You should tell Amanda." She gasps. "No! I should tell her! She'll be very proud that she raised you so well and oh m-"

I place my hand over her mouth. "I didn't do anything naughty." I take my hand away. "Well, not the naughty you're thinking. Cochina [Pig]." I shake my head and she laughs.