7

Andy:

To: andytorres@hotmail.com

From: dunkle@dii.biz

Andrea Torres,

I really enjoyed talking to you and getting to know you with the only need of you answering my required questions. I am beyond impressed of your success and the achievements you are willing to commit. I am officially offering you the job position of being my personal assistant.

The salary would be $500 per day. Making it $15,000 monthly and $182,500 yearly. You'd also have a two month vacation per year.

Some of the requirements would be the following: working from 8 AM to 5 PM, wear appropriate clothing, always be punctual, and ask in advance if leaving during work hours.

Please, if you have any questions or concerns you'd like to discuss more in depth, do not doubt in discussing it further with me. It'd be a thrill if you'd start on the 28th of September. I am looking forward to working with you.

Dre Dunkle
CEO of The Dunkle International Industries

"Wow," I mutter under my breath.

I keep rereading and rereading the screen, still not believing it.

I mean, I just woke up. I can be hallucinating. Or dreaming. But I don't remember talking to the CEO. Did I meet him? No, I would remember something like that. I don't have amnesia. Right?

"Stop thinking about him," Amanda says out of nowhere, making me bump the back of my head against the headboard.

"Dude, you freaking scared me." I rub the back of my head. "Again."

That night. That night has my heart still racing. Yet, it's been about three weeks since that night.

***

Trying to catch my breath, I grip my hair. Thinking about what I did.

"Qué te hizo [What did he do to you]."

I jump, startled. Looking to my left, I find Amanda leaning against the wall with her arms crossed.

"Nothing."

She raises her eyebrow. That means: Then what happened?

I sigh exasperated, avoiding her stare. "I... might've kissed him."

Her eyes go big, lips parting.

"On the cheek!" I say quickly.

Pressing her lips together, she nods slowly. "Do you like him?"

Huh. Do I?

"I don't know. I'm not sure." Frowning, I walk to where she is and sit on the bottom of the stairs. "This is all new to me."

Sliding down the wall, she joins me. "Yet you gave me advice when I liked Sergio."

I smile, remembering how I wanted to protect her from that boy. He didn't seem worthy of my sister, but she had to see that for herself.

"I know I didn't have any experience with boys, and I still don't. I still don't." I shrug, "It just seems easier to give advice when it comes to other people's relationships."

"I guess," she agrees. "Just be careful around him."

I look at her. Nodding, I put my arm around her shoulders and kiss the side of her head. "I will."