6

Andy:

I groan. Touching the side of my head, I grimace at the pounding of my head.

Opening my eyes, I notice a blurry gray color. I freak out when I check my surroundings. I'm lying down on a bed and I feel the very soft, comfortable navy blue comforter under me.

I sit up to start searching for my eyeglasses and belongings. Finding everything on top of the bedside table next to me, I flip open my phone to check the time.

Dios mío [My God]. 5 PM! The kids! The kids!How can I be so irresponsible?!

I try to take off the blanket that's draped on me, but I end up falling off the bed instead.

Slipping my shoes on quickly, I grab my backpack and start exiting the bedroom silently. While trying to figure a way out, I trip on my shoelaces.

Despite my aching knees, I tie my shoelaces quickly. I stand up to hear faint voices.

I take the never ending stairs and minutes later, I find myself in the living room. Putting on my eyeglasses, I see more clearly. The kitchen has to be somewhere around here.

When I find the kitchen, the voices get louder. I try to hide behind the wall, but obviously being me I slip and fall on my hands and knees, making an epic entrance into the kitchen.

They turn around to face me. Mr. Woods stands up immediately, gripping the lapels of his jacket and clearing his throat. On the other hand, my kids come running towards me. I smile widely, sitting on my bottom and awaiting them with open arms. It hurts and warms my heart to feel the worry through our embrace.

"Estoy bien, mis amores. [I'm fine, my loves]." I smile reassuringly. "Are you guys okay? Why aren't you home? Or at school? How did you get here?" I stand up, helping the three of them stand up, too.

"It's a long story." Amanda states, fidgeting with her right index finger.

Crossing my arms, I give her a stern look. "And why's that?"

Before she can respond, a door opens and a very familiar accented voice speaks up. "I'm back!"

I can hear the footsteps coming to the kitchen. "I bought a lot of food. So, what did I miss?"

I turn around to face my teacher. "Ms. Argyris?"

Her eyes widen. "Andy?" She drops the plastic bags to the floor, making her way towards me. "You're okay!" She hugs me tightly and I return her hug.

"What's going on?" I ask once we stop hugging.

"That young man over there is my nephew. He picked up your siblings from school and he told us you had a nervous breakdown and that you almost had a panic attack. We were so worried, paidi mou [my child]. Are you feeling better?"

Oh. I remember everything now. Him. All those horrible memories come rushing back at once, but I push them aside.

"Yeah, I'm fine. No need to worry. I was just a little tired." Her Greek language putting me more at ease.

"A little," Amanda scoffs.

Deciding to ignore her, I turn back to Ms. Argyris and hug her. "I saw Him," I whisper horrified. She tenses, but lets go so we don't look suspicious.

I turn my attention to Mystery Man. "Thank you for everything, Mr. Woods." I smile gratefully.

"My pleasure, Andrea." He smiles at me for the first time, showing his dimples. It's so strange coming from him. A good strange.