The Hidden Truth

As Lila stared at me I couldn't help but wonder what she was thinking. I swallowed hard as I thought of all the possibilities of how she would reject me. What could she be thinking? I noticed something seemed a bit of, like something wasn't right. She looked to be frozen and her eyes were out of focus and she was looking this way but not at me, not directly anyway. I turned and looked at Sophia who was staring directly back at Lila.

"Whats happening?" I asked.

"I used my power of illusions to make her think you are in human form but I can't keep it up for to long so you have to change back quickly." She replied in a low voice so that Lila couldn't hear. I looked at my reflextion and still saw a beast.

"Are you sure it is working? I still look the same when I look at myself." I said while glancing at her.

"I can't fool you with my weak illusions because your power is to great and Lila's power is quite strong as well so I can't keep this up much longer." She said back. I could see the sweat slipping down her face. Her face twisted a little as if using her powers brought her pain.

"G-Get away from her Aidan!" Lila cried while rushing towards me and yanking my arm sending me backwards behind her. The action of Lila pulling me away from Sophia came across to us as a shock which cut the tread of illusions that Sophia was making.

"Stay behind me Aidan. This girl is a vampire, and a strong one at that." Lila said in a snide voice. Lila scowled at the unfamiliar woman. She stood in a threatening stance ready to fight if she had to. I glanced at my reflextion once again I was back to normal. I probably changed back from the shock of Lila pulling me back. I placed my hand on Lila's shoulder and gave her a fake smile.

"Don't worry we are friends. Her name is Sophia." I said. Lila looked at me unsure. I coould see the hesitation in her eyes before she backed down. Sophia smiled at Lila. The smile looked like she was forcing it. I could tell something was off. Just as Sophia went to take a step forward and come to us, her smiled dissappeared as she collapssed onto the floor. She grabbed her stomach while breathing heavily. She began to cough and out came blood. Lila and I rushed to her, trying to help her sit up.

"Whats happening? Are you ok?" I asked while helping her stand so I could get her to our room. She grabbed hold of me, leaning on me as we slowly made our way into the hotel. Lila ran to the front door and held it open as we slowly took one step after another.

"Sorry, this happens whenever I use to much power." Sophia said as we entered the room.

"Why did you push yourself so far?" I asked already knowing what her reason was. I knew it was because of me.

"I was trying to prove to you that you could trust me." She replied. Although she said it was so that I could trust her, I didn't feel any trust at all, instead I felt suspision. I thought it was strange that she would try so hard even while knowing so little. I thought it was strange how she joined along like it was nothing. Everything she does only makes me suspect her even more. I don't think trust is something that I will ever be able to give her.

As we carefully made our way into the room, I lied her down onto my bed. She looked up at me forcing a smile as she tightly gripped her stomach. Her breathing was heavy but it was slightly better than before. What am I supposed to do? I walked to the bathroom and washed my hands since I had gotten some blood on them. I watched as the blood mixed with water swirled down the drain. I got a little hand towel and rinsed it with warm water so that I could give it to Sophia so that she could clean herself off. From the bathroom mirror I could see her panting on the bed. I turned off the sink and began walking her way. Lila was at the front desk paying for Sophia to stay with us. I sat down on a chair beside the bed and handed Sophia the wet towel.

"Here" I said placing it in her hands.

"thanks" She said back with a smile. 

I looked at her suspiciously because there was something about her smile that was off. The way she looked at me with her eyes made me feel like she was a different person. That's right her eyes seemed more like a deep red color that didn't shine as much. Her smile also seemed more like a smirk. Just as I thought, I don't think it is possible for me to trust her.

 I looked down at her with cold uncaring eyes. She looked back at me confused.

"Is something wrong?" she asked slowly sitting up.

"No, nothing" I said back sharply. She looked down at her hands, understanding how I felt about her.

"If there is something I did wrong please tell me" she said in a low voice not making eye contact. Those words automatically sent one thought strait to my head. What did she do wrong? Why am I mad or displeased with her? Silence fell over us as we both went into our own thoughts.

"sorry" I said "I don't feel like I can trust you" 

That's right I can't trust her because she is a monster who has killed a human right before my eyes. There's no way I can trust such a person. There's no way I can even trust myself. Me,who has taken the life of a man. Me, who has thought of taking the lives of innocent people. Me, who is a beast that is much worse than a vampire. The silence was broken as Sophia looked up at me.

"Um, I know that you don't trust me so I will try to prove it to you over time." She said in a small yet determined voice. I looked at her trying to hide the disgust that I was feeling only moments ago. I watched as she tried wiping the blood off herself. She was having trouble trouble getting off all the blood that she couldn't see. I stuck my hand out signaling her to hand the towel over to me. She looked at me surprised that I was offering to help her. She handed me the towel and I began to wipe  of her face. We stayed silent, not saying a word. 

Once I was finished I rinsed off the towel and put it away. Lila walked in and glanced over at Sophia who had fallen asleep.

"I'm going to take a shower." she said with walking into the bathroom. I watched as she left into the bathroom. She shut the door and a few minutes later I heard the sound of water beating down on the floor.

"ughh" Sophia groaned. I walked over to her while wondering what will happen with her around.

"c-can you please put the blanket over me" Sophia said in a sickly timmid voice. I sighed and grabbed the blanket and began placing it over her. As I was leaning over her a strong devense warning ran through my body. I felt like something bad was going to happen. I heard a chuckle and looked at Sophia, while still leaning over her. My eyes flared with a startled look. 

Sophia looked a bit off, like she wasn't herself. Warning signals flashed through my body. 

"You noticed didn't you." she chuckled. Her voice was different. This isn't the Sophia that I had just met. I needed to get away from her. Just as I was about to get up she pulled me close, my neck inches away from her mouth. I could feel her scarce breathing as she slowly licked the crest of my neck.

"ugh!" I mumbled as I felt the sharp fangs of a vampire bit into me. Is this how the man felt when I bit into him. I could hear the sucking sounds she made as she drank my blood. It was hard for me to fight back and I could feel my fangs growing in. I gritted my teeth she began sucking harder and harder. All of a sudden my body over flowed with emotions and I was unable to move.

Fear, Betrayal, lonlieness, hate.

All of these feelings began to consume me.

They felt similar to how I felt but I could tell that these feelings were not mine, these feelings had a different reason behind them and I could feel them eating away at my own.

These emotions belonged to Sophia but they were being engraved into me. 

At this rate, if this continues, i'm not sure if I will be able to hold onto myself any longer.

*Thanks for reading and PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AND VOTE :3 I hope the story doesn't suck to much lol

NAME YOUR FAVORITE CHARACTER AND WHY YOU LIKE THEM!!!! lol just want to see what people think :D anyway thanks again for reading and if you have time check out my profile :) not like its very interesting though lol YOU AREAWESOME AND DON'T LET ANYONE MAKE YOU THINK OTHERWISE <3*

Oh and sorry for the spelling mistakes XD