Chapter Eleven

The temperature of the room feels warm and the words that are coming out from my mouth sounds like I am eating a bubble gum. I think I’m already drunk. I shot a glance at Lexie again. She was seriously waiting.

“It’s okay if you don’t want to talk about it.” She said when I did not say anything.

“No, it’s fine.” I smiled weakly. “I’ll tell you."

She nodded once and smiled at me.

“Do you remember how AJ and I met right?” She nodded. I throw my head back, leaning it against the back-rest as I recall our high school days.

“It was like, a right love at a wrong time.” I said without looking at Lexie because I thought she would laugh for its’ cliché but she didn’t. She sits the same way I did.

I released a deep sigh before starting my story. I’m not hesitant, I just need to release the empty feelings and thoughts as I need space in my mind and ready myself in recalling our memories.

“It was around my junior year. You were a transferee.” I look at her and she smile at me while nodding. I look at the ceiling again as I narrated the whole story. I didn’t want to direct to the point of what happened between me and AJ. Since this is the first time I will do a total recall on our memories I wouldn’t want to miss our happy days.

I narrated the story

It was around intramurals when I was in my cheerleading uniform and Jeremy, my boyfriend, is in football suit. Jer was already on his senior year. We were standing on the side of the football field for Jer’s break when a new guy suddenly crashed into his back.

“WHAT THE HELL?!” My boyfriend yelled as he whirls around.

The new guy was at my age and his lean figure is picking up his books from the ground with his head down. He’s dark chestnut hair was in a beautiful mess and when he looked up, my heart melted in his kind blue eyes and full lips. He never glanced my way but instead kept on saying “sorry” to Jeremy. My boyfriend was kind of a jock.

“ARE YOU BLIND?” Jeremy grabbed him by his shirt and his books fell on the ground again as he was force to stand up.

“Jer, stop!” I cut in and tried to take off Jers’ hand from the guy’s shirt. There were people looking at us including my cheerleading mates and his football team. My boyfriend looked at me and I glared at him of “that’s enough”. He then turned to look at the guy, glared at him for a while and push him as he let go.

“I’m sorry.” I said to the guy.

“You’re in luck today boy.” Jer spat on the ground and walked away. I was devastated with his attitude that day but I sort-of know why. We had a fight before that guy bumped into him. The past few days before that happened; our relationship was a bit rocky. We always had fights on almost anything. I’m not sure why. It disappoints me but he’s my match. I don’t know if I was really in- love with him but all I knew was I don’t want to lose him.

“Are you okay?” I asked the new guy as I grab books from the ground and handed it to him. He puts everything in his bag before facing me.

“Thanks.” And he walked away. I half-run and walk with him.

“Ahm..Are you new here?” I asked conversationally.

“Yeah.” He said. I felt that, he doesn’t like me walking with him but I’m really curious about him. I felt that, I might regret it if I don’t ask those questions in my head now.