Chapter 28.

LEXI'S P.O.V.

I carefully slipped out of Michael's tight grip and snuck downstairs. I rubbed sleep out of my eyes as I opened the fridge to look for something to eat. I grabbed a can of Monster to wake me up and an apple from the bottom of the fridge. 

"Lexi Hemmings, what do you think you are doing?" My mum sternly told me from the doorway.

"Mum!" I shouted placing everything I was holding on the side and ran up to my mum and wrapped her in a big hug.

"Hey Lexi." She hugged me back. 

"I missed you so much Mum." I hugged her tighter.

"I missed you too, and we have a lot of catching up to do. But first I think there's someone who you'd like to meet." She pulls away from my hug and leads me into the living room. 

And sat there in the living room, watching Daybreak was my best friends since primary school, Becky Sykes.

"BECKY!" 

"LEXI!" She jumped up from the couch and ran over to me. 

"I missed you so much!" I tell her hugging her. 

"Omg me too!" She hugged me back. 

"Now, listen girls, I've asked Mr Jones if he would kindly give you a day off Lexi, and he agreed, so you two can catch up." Mum passed Becky a cup of coffee and me my can of Monster.

"Seriously?" I ask in disbelief. 

"Yep. Lexi go and get ready and I'll drive you to the shopping centre." Mum smiles at me. I take a big gulp of my drink and run upstairs to get dressed. I pass Luke on the hallway. 

"Woah, what's the rush?" He runs his fingers through his hair.

"Mum's home and she's brought Becky with her! We're going to go shopping!" He pause and then run into my room. 

I find Michael curled up on my bed, cuddling a pillow in my absence. 

"Michael." I hiss.

"Michael." I say a bit louder while shaking him. 

"Wh-what?" He rolls over to look at me.

"Mum's home." I tell him. 

"Yey, decent food!" He gathers his clothes and runs into his room. 

"Is that all you care about?" I mutter.

"Nope." He rushes back into the room and gives me a quick kiss on the cheek before heading downstairs.

Time to get dressed. 

******************************************

"Done?" Becky asks me when walk into the living room. 

"Yep." I said, smiling. 

"Alright lets go!" Mum stood up and walked towards the door. I pulled my black vans on and walked to Michael who was making cups of tea in the kitchen.

"Where you going?" He voice fills with concern.

"Just out shopping with Becky." I tell him.

"Okay, love you."

"Love you too." I kiss him softly on the lips and walk back towards Becky and Mum are waiting for me. 

"Ready to go?" Mum grabs the car keys as I take my phone off charge.

"Yeah." I smile.

"Lets go!" Becky cheers, literally running out of the house and jumping down the steps. I laugh and follow her actions.