Jason

Last Chapter Recap:

Percy was as confused as she was. He watched her touch the feet of the statue, the replica of Athena, Annabeth's mother.

"What's it doing here?" He heard her ask. It sounded more like a rhetorical question since she already knew the answer to it.

That the Athena Parthenos followed the coin; followed her.

Or was it? Little did she know that there was a much bigger explanation to it, perhaps, Gaea?

_____________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Twenty-Three: Jason

"You have got to be kidding me." Jason said, his hands on his waist like a sassy girl. Everyone in the cabin was silent the moment Leo and Hazel told the bad news.

"After the three of you Romans woke up from the charmspeak, and you know the rest of the Romans," Leo had explained. "Hazel and I agreed to tend the seriously injured; but when the both of us went back to the ship to get more ambrosia and nectar," Leo paused to prolong the suspense.

Hazel's feet shifted from anxiety. "The Athena Parthenos just--"

"--went poof!" Leo cried out loud, shaking his hands in the air for more emphasis like a five-year-old that has lost his teddy bear. His facial expressions were kinda funny; looking like a constipated person. Jason fought the urge to laugh because he wanted to keep his professionalism at its finest. This is serious business. Besides, Reyna, "The Sober and Serious", like what she is, was sitting behind him.

"You look constipated, Leo." Piper said in a deadpan yet amused tone, whilst snickering in a very un-lady-like fashion, causing some of the campers to giggle and the Stolls roll on the floor in laughter.

See?! Jason thought.

Leo snorted. "Very funny, Piper."

But kidding aside, Jason being beyond infuriated was an understatement. He had never felt this frustrated before. Retrieving the Athena Parthenos was the reason why Percy and Annabeth fell into Tartarus; and after all the hell they've been through, the statue just went...poof?

"Stop laughing, Stolls." Thalia scowled at the twins. Jason was grateful that Thalia was here. He was on the brink of strangling the twins himself and trust him, they were not going to like it. "This is not a mental hospital so you can't laugh around like a mentally crazed baboon with a brain as tiny as a chimpanzee's."

The Stolls stopped laughing, looking at her in disbelief. They slowly stood up, and took a step toward her. "This," Connor said questioningly, whilst pointing at his face. "This is a beauty," He added. "Not a mentally crazed baboon."

"Back to the topic, guys." Malcolm intervened. "The Athena Parthenos is frigging missing, and yet, you talk about whether the Stolls' faces are a beauty or a baboon."

Frank, who was sitting on a bunk bed adjacent to Reyna's, his military hair cut not really looking like a military hair cut, considering the fact that their were chunks of random hair that are longer than the other chunks, shuffled anxiously and noisily. "So, who do you think did it?"

Forty pairs of eyes burned holes at him.

"What?" He asked. "I mean, the statue couldn't have decided to play hide and seek with us, wouldn't it? There's this war going on, and there's Gaea. Coincidence? I think not."

"I agree with the son of Mars." Reyna, who was surprisingly quiet, said.

"Me too." Clarisse said.