Thalia

Chapter Sixteen: Thalia

FOUR HOURS AGO

"I. ELECTRIFIED. HER." Clarisse repeated one more time in a smug tone, showing of her electric spear to everybody in the cabin. "She's not dead." She paused. "Yet."

"Yeah, and she's barely breathing." Thalia said, pointing at the unconscious body of Reyna. "Chiron said to don't kill anybody, and we swore on the Styx. Just hurt or scare them away. We need as many demigods as we can get if we are to fight Gaea. And she," Thalia turned to glance at Reyna. "She is the leader of the Romans. Who do you think's gonna lead them now?"

Clarisse snorted. "Another Roman, obviously."

Thalia sent her a death glare. "Don't be stupid, Clarisse."

The daughter of Ares took a step forward to her. "Come on! What do you think's my spear for? Like you said, she's still breathing."

"Barely." Thalia said, folding her arms over her chest. "And the next thing you'll know, she's dead."

"Girls, just stop all this nonsense!" Chiron shut them out, gripping his bow on one hand. Thalia stared intently at him. And he sure did looked tired from all the fighting. The centaur had dark circles under his eyes, and lines on his forehead were forming. For the first time ever, the man looked like two thousand years old. He pretty much looked like an old man on the corner of the street, minus the body of a horse, the armor, and the bow.

Clarisse flailed her arms in the air. "She's the daughter of Bellona, for Are's sake! She's strong!"

 Thalia stuck her finger up Clarisse's face. "I swear, if something more worse happens to her, La Rue, I'll make you drown in the Styx."

"Ooh, I'm so scared."Clarisse mocked her, imitating a terrified little girl, then sent Reyna one more glance, and went on to treat the others.

Thalia rolled her eyes, then turned around to face the shocked faces of the other campers who watched their argument. "Someone from Apollo, please, make sure she doesn't die." She said, then went on to the front door of the cabin, peeking at the Romans lined up outside, eyes filled with insatiable hunger for Greek blood.

She sighed. "Gods, Jason, where are you?"

PRESENT 

THALIA SAW THE ROMANS LOOKING UP THE SKY, their weapons ready, their kunckles white. She saw the scrawny, wanna-be leader Roman with his toga, Octavian, fuming, gripping his teddy bear (A/N: Oh, Octavian. You never fail to make me laugh XD), his eyes a fiery shade of red. 

"What are they looking at?" Travis Stoll asked, standing beside the Hunter. By now, most of the campers were looking outside the window, their faces confused at what all the commotion is all about.

Suddenly, the sky turned dark, as if a heavy storm will occur. The sky only turned dark for no more than five seconds and it returned to the bright, sunny afternoon. The Romans' eyes followed the shadow as it passed above them, gripping their weapons tightly. Octavian, pointed something above and yelled, "The traitors! Follow them!" Then he ran past the cabin, followed by a mob of angry Romans towards the 'shadow'.