Chapter Twenty-Two

Chapter 22

1 year later...
(Christmas Eve, 2013)

Not much had happened in the few months. Ollie fit right in with the Tomlinson family. I can see him whenever I want and he is happy. 

My father had done something else (who knows what) and was sentenced to a really long time in the jail.

It was starting to seem like my life was coming together. I was starting to seriously wonder why these 5 idiots ever needed a babysitter. Sure, they're immature but they're still adults and they know how to handle themselves. I had enrolled in a local college and moved into an apartment.

"No fair Louis!" I shouted as he threw another snowball in my face. He smirked.

"Whatcha gonna do Anna Lee?" He taunted.

"This!" A voice shouted behind me. I turned around to see my four sisters, Ollie, and Eleanor furiously throwing snowballs at Louis. He tried to duck but it was too late. I picked up snow and joined them.

"I SURRENDER!!!" Louis yelled. I laughed.

"NEVER!!" Phoebe shouted, continuing to pound him.

"We win," They cheered. Louis huffed as he got off the ground and dusted the snow off of himself.

"Well I'll-" he started.

"Kids! Hot chocolate!" We raced inside, Louis dragging behind us. Jay handed me a mug that had marshmallows floating on the top of the hot brown liquid. Louis and I had the same thoughts.

"It looks like melted poo," We blurted out simultaneously. The girls burst out laughing. I grinned at Louis. We all made conversation as we sat around the dining room table. Looking around, I smiled. This was by far the best Christmas eve ever. A knock came from the door. I jumped out of my seat.

"I'll get it!" I swung open the door to see a familiar face standing in front of me.

"Anna Lee?" He said as the snowflakes fell softly on his skin.

"What are you doing here?" I squeaked.

"I'm sorry," He whispered, "I never meant to hurt you."

"That doesn't make it better," I replied, biting my lip.

"That was my sister's best friend, Lee."

"What difference does it make?" The tears rolled down my face. He sighed,

"She's a jewelry maker."

"So?"

"She was helping me adjust this locket for you and the paps took pictures of us walking out," He pulled out the box and handed to me. My eyes widened as I opened the box to see the beautiful locket that had my initials engraved in it.

I shut the door behind me as I stepped outside and ran into is arms. "I missed you," I mumbled into his chest. His booming laughter broke the quiet of the lonely streets.

"It's been three days since I saw you."

"But months since we've talked," I replied quietly. We stood in silence as snowflakes drifted down on us.

"Tell me why I fell in love with you again?" I murmured.

"Maybe because of my hot body," He replied with a smirk, gesturing to himself.

"That's not it," I giggled.

"Or maybe this..." He tucked a loose strand of hair behind my ear.

"Not that either." I admitted.

"Or maybe it's this..." He leaned down and kissed my check.

"Nope."

"What about this?" He asked as he placed his soft lips on mine. The kiss was sweet. Pure bliss. We pulled apart and I smiled up at him.

"That may be it," I teased, "But maybe we should try again and make sure."

"You only had to ask." He whispered as he leaned in. His lips touched mine softly and the snowflakes danced around us. We finally pulled away and I grinned.

"Merry Christmas, Anna Lee." He murmured before his lips touched mine once more.

-----

One more chapter left! Who do you think was at the door? Comment below and vote here: https://goo.gl/vjefw1