Chapter Five

The sun’s rays shone through my windows, lighting up the entire room. A loud continuous sound was coming from outside my room and I wanted to know what it was. So I slipped my dressing gown on and open the glass door that led to my balcony.

                       Angelo was out in the back yard hitting baseballs that were being fired from a machine. The noise I had heard was the sound of the metal bat connecting with the ball.

                       “Good morning, Angelo!” I called out to him.

                       He turned around to see where the source of my voice was when the machine pitched another ball. It went flying straight at Angelo and before I could tell him to dodge it, the ball hit him square in the chest and he was sent flying backwards from the impact.

                       “Oh my God!” I cried, jumping down from the balcony and running to where Angelo lay. “Are you okay?” I asked after quickly switching the pitching machine off.

                       Angelo sat up and rubbed the back of his head. “I’m fine, Principessa, just a little winded.” He told me. Then he looked up to the balcony on the second floor of the mansion that I had just jumped off. “How did you do that?” he asked.

                       “Um…adrenaline?” My excuse was stupid and not well thought up. I mentally kicked myself.

                       Angelo looked as though he didn’t believe me. Good. He’s a smart one.

                       “Okay, I’ll tell you. I was trained by one of the elite seven. His name was Soldato.” I said.

                       “Soldato? I know him!” Angelo said.

                       I was shocked. “Seriously?”

                       “Yeah, he trained me and Rico for a bit when we were younger. Also, Renato is one of the seven too.” Angelo smiled.

                       My mouth hung open and I was sure I looked like a fish. “You’re kidding, right?”

                       Angelo shook his head. “It wasn’t for long, though. He was rarely with us.”

                       “That’s probably because he was with me.” I said more to myself than to Angelo. Then I realised what I just said and added, “Obviously.”

                       Angelo laughed and ran a hand through his jet black hair. He looked at the sweat that was now on his hand and stood up. “I should go and get ready. I advise you don’t wonder around the grounds in your nightclothes, Principessa. They’ll get dirty.”