Chapter Two

One thing I hadn’t noticed before that I had noticed now about the Cielo family was that all the shirts they wore were colours of the rainbow. G was red, Decimo was orange, I hadn’t met yellow, green or indigo yet, Angelo (the man with the scar) was blue and Kyo (the Asian man) was purple.

                       The car pulled up at the Cielo mansion and stopped. Angelo hopped out of the front to come and open my door, and Kyo just rolled his eyes at the politeness. Personally, I thought it was quite nice.

                       We made our way up the stairs and to the front entrance where G and Decimo were waiting for us.

                       Decimo opened his arms and grinned warmly; as if expecting me to hug him. He dropped his arms when my eyebrow arched in amusement. “What, no hug?”

                       I laughed and shook my head. “Do you really need it?” I asked.

                       He pouted like a child. “It’d be nice. That’s all.”

                       I rolled my eyes and followed him for a private tour of the mansion.

                       It was bigger than the Pantera mansion because it housed more people. There were overall fifteen bedrooms. There was a gym and a pool and even a large square field behind the mansion. “Angelo likes to play baseball.” Decimo said when I questioned its existence.

                       My chambers were right next to Decimo’s. There was a large queen-sized bed and a balcony that looked out onto the back of the estate. On the whole, it was lovely.

                       Now, I had to meet Decimo’s main family. There weren’t many of them that I had yet to meet. I think there were around four or five left.

                       Just like the entire house, the main meeting room was also bigger than that of Pantera. Decimo and I were the last ones to arrive. G, Angelo and Kyo were already seated along with a man and a lady that looked very similar to each other, an athletic looking man with light blonde hair and a child.  

                    My eyes widened. Decimo had a child working for him? How could he make someone as young as that work as a Mafioso? I wondered if the kid had ever had to murder anyone. I hoped not. I had a soft spot for children and I did not want them going around killing people! Maybe this is what my Father felt like when I was sent out on assassination missions.

                       Once everyone was seated and relaxed, Decimo started the meeting. “As you all know, the Cielo family has recently made an agreement with the Pantera family.” He began. “In accord for us to help them out, I have gained a fiancé. Everyone, this is Liona Zaffiro; my wife to be.”

                       I sighed. It’s as if they didn’t already know.

                       “You can use this time now to introduce yourselves to her. Make her feel welcome. Carina, at least try to be sociable.”  Decimo directed the last bit to the girl.

                       Everyone seemed to relax as they one by one came up to introduce themselves. The blonde man with grey eyes that I hadn’t met yet was named Rico. His shirt was yellow and he had an “extreme” interest in boxing.

                       Carina and the man next to her were next to come up. I learned that they were twins and that the man’s name was Raffaele. They both had jet black hair and blue eyes and they both wore navy blue shirts under their jackets; they probably did their job together.

                       I greeted the people I had already met with smiles and they all smiled back.

                       At last, the child came up to meet me. His name was Toro and he was ten years old. He had dark brown hair and shining green eyes and wore the same suit as everyone else but with a green shirt. I frowned at Decimo when he started to describe his favourite gun to me. I would need to have a talk with Decimo when this was over.

                       The door to the meeting room suddenly opened and a man in a black and orange suit rushed in. He ran up to the seat the Decimo was in and whacked him over the head. “You idiot, Tino,” He said.

                       I giggled quietly as Decimo’s eyes widened. “Renato,” he addressed the man, “What are you doing here?”

                       Renato replied, “I came to meet Liona of the Pantera family.” And he slapped Decimo again.

                      “Renato stop hitting me!” Decimo cried as his chair tipped over and he fell to the ground.  

                    G quickly stood up. “Boss, are you okay?” He asked frantically while asking anyone to pass him the nearest first-aid kit.

                       “G, I’m fine.” Decimo instisted.

                       I laughed even louder and everyone stared at me. My forehead hit the table in front of me as I shook with laughter.

                       “Miss, are you okay?” Carina asked quietly.

                       “Don’t worry, I’m fine.” I assured her once I’d calmed down.

                       Decimo finally spoke up. “Everyone, I’d like to talk with Renato for now. Leave us.”  

                    Everyone stood up and filed out of the meeting room; me included. I followed the crowd of seven people out to the main entrance hall.

                       All I could do was stare at the back of Toro’s head as he tackled G to the ground.  

                    As soon as Decimo was out of that meeting with Renato, the two of us would have a serious talk.