Chapter Four

"What are you doing in here?" I asked, walking over to where Toro sat.

"Shh," he ordered. "I'm playing hide-and-seek with Mei." He explained.

"Who's Mei?" I asked.

Just then, the door flew open and in ran a little girl that looked to be around Toro's age. She had black hair and brown eyes and was dressed in baggy white pants and a Chinese styled red shirt. "Toro, I found you!" she said.

This must be Mei.

She noticed me staring then quickly stood up straight. She made a fist, gently placed it against her palm and bowed. "I'm sorry for the intrusion." Mei said quietly.

I smiled and waved her off. "It's nothing."

"Now you have to catch me!" Toro randomly exclaimed and ran out of my room with Mei right behind him.

I laughed at their energy and sighed. The sun was beginning to set and I was starving. I hoped dinner was soon. To pass the time, I decide to have a shower.

Walking into the bathroom, I noticed all my stuff had been put away. I smiled. It must have been some of the maids or something. Yes, this place even had maids. I was shocked too.

Stripping down, I slowly stepped into the warm shower and relaxed. I hadn't realised how stressed out I'd been over this whole ordeal. I guess I should be stressed out. Well, whatever.

I stepped out of the shower once I was clean and grabbed one of the fluffy peach-coloured towels. Then I noticed that I hadn't brought any clothes in with me. I sighed and scolded myself. Then again, it's not like it mattered; there was a walk-in closet on the other side of the room.

I secured the towel around me and walked out of the bathroom before a knock came from the other side of the door. I growled and ran a hand through my wet hair. If I knew anything, it was that these people could get very impatient. I walked over to the door and opened it, expecting to see Tino.

It was G. He noticed that I was in nothing but a towel and his cheeks turned pink as he averted his eyes.

"What do you want? I'm kind of busy here." I said much harsher than I meant to.

"I-I was told to inform you and the boss that dinner will be ready in fifteen minutes." He said nervously.

"Thankyou. Was that all?" I asked.

G nodded and quickly walked away from the doorway to Tino's room.

I walked into my wardrobe and headed straight for the dresses. I felt like dressing up a little, so I picked a knee-length black dress with three-quarter sleeves and used a light pink sash to tie around my waist. I put on some black high heels, combed and dried my hair and applied a little makeup. I smiled into the mirror. Perfect.

Someone knocked on my door and I double checked my appearance before opening it. This time, it really was Tino.

He smiled at me. "I'm here to escort you to dinner." He said, holding out his hand.

I placed my own in his and we walked down the hallway together.

Something was bothering me about Tino. It seemed that he was continuously switching personalities. The personality that oozed authority; the child-like personality; the dorky; the perverted; and now the gentlemanly personality were the ones he'd pulled out so far. I shot him a look out of the corner of my eye. What's he up to?

The two of us reached the dining room where everyone from the meeting was already seated. I also noticed that Renato, Mei and another lady sat at the table.

The lady had long auburn hair and blue-green eyes that were hidden behind sunglasses. I wonder what that's about. "That's Bianca, G's older half-sister." Tino explained to me when he noticed me looking. "A word of warning: If she offers you any food that she made, don't take it."

Okay.

Dinner time conversations were what kept me from being utterly bored. Most of them were just people asking about my life in the Pantera family and what I did.

Then Tino suddenly changed the subject by asking, "G, is something the matter? You've been really quiet."

G looked up from his half eaten food and shook his head. "It's nothing, Boss. I'm fine."

Tino leaned back and smiled. "You weren't getting angry at Toro so I assumed there was something wrong." He said.

G just shook his head again. "I assure you, I'm fine." He repeated and quickly glanced at me before he began to eat again. Weird. I decided to ignore it though. It's probably nothing.

Once dinner was over, I decided to retire to my chambers. I was really tired from today and it wasn't going to help if I stayed up all night. The moment I was changed, I ran out of my closet and dived onto my bed and snuggled into the covers.

A few minutes later, I fell asleep.