Chapter 20

Chapter 20

In front of him was the most beautiful scene he had ever seen in his life. Nothing had ever looked as perfectly beautiful as Madeline looked at that moment. Madeline was sitting near a window with a book in both her hands; she looked to be very absorbed with the complexity and occurrence of the story.

Trent couldn’t take his eyes off of her. She looked so serene and beautiful with the sun reflecting on her golden tresses and pale as snow silk skin. The sun made her hair look exquisitely like melted gold, her face looked angelic and striking.

Her eyes compared to the deep color of the sea. They glowed with the depth of universal love, casting off stardust as a diamond casts fire and they smolder like embers of a fire in a desert night: glancing upwards they reflect the heavens above, that was what he saw when he looked in them, he could easily get lost in them. Those eyes saw right through him, to his most secret places, she without a doubt held his heart in the palm of her hand.

He felt that what he was seeing was a pigment of his imagination, nothing as wonderful as her could be there, right in front of him. Trent felt that if he moved the angel sitting before him would disappear, disappear into thin air, she left him breathless.

Sensing that she was being watched, Madeline lifted her head. Once seeing Trent she smiled at him, showing him all her pearl white teeth and all his heart clenched.

The smile she was giving him and her perfection just added to her glory. Looking at her his heart accelerated his palms became sweaty and he know that without Madeline he would be nothing. His heart enfolded, his chest felt constricted at just the thought of losing her.

He knew with all his being that he would permanently, always, till eternity love and remember Madeline Woods. Two weeks, that might be the only time he had to spend with her, he would hold those moments dear to his heart because the fact that they might not be together in so little time made every moment more precious.

He never knew how he did it but, suddenly he found himself on his knees in front of Madeline with her smaller hands engulfed between his much larger ones. He stayed there and just stared and stared, he was unable to stop, and he tried to engrave in his head her wicked eyes, her sensual mouth, her cute nose, and her pink cheeks.

Worried about him, Madeline tugged her hands out of his grasp and cradled his head trying to figure out what was wrong.

“Why are you looking at me so, like I might disappear into thin air?” Madeline said worried. She had no idea that that was exactly what he was afraid of.

“I have a feeling you will,” Trent whispered while leaning closer to her and stopped a few inches from her face.

“I’m not going anywhere,” she said although she knew that that was not completely true.

She leaned over and closed the gap that was left between their lips. Madeline kissed him eagerly and uncontrolled and he did with equal passion. After a few seconds the kiss changed, it was deeper, more passionate that it almost felt like it would be their last. The kiss pleased her and confused her.

When he leaned back she looked into his eyes and she knew for sure that something was wrong. Although the kiss had been splendid better than the ones they had shared before but there was something in the kiss that concerned her very much. The way he was holding her while kissing her, he pressed her close to him as if never wanting to let go.

“What is the matter love,” she asked, no longer being able to look at him with those tortured eyes and not know what was wrong, what was bothering him.

“I talked to your father,” his tone was sad.

“What did he say,” her voice quivered, she already knew that if it had shaken Trent up then it must not have been good. Could it be that… no… it couldn’t be? The man did not find a wife and Madeline had to marry him. No, no she couldn’t possibly go along with her father’s plan any longer, not after Trent happened, she loved Trent too much to leave him and she couldn’t tolerate being in someone else’s arms when her heart belonged solely to Trent Clayton.

‘Madeline try not to get ahead of yourself,’ she though taking a deep breath, ‘There’s still time.’ But she knew that no amount of time would ever be enough.

“What did he say Trent,” she said desperately.

Trent sighed as if not sure if he should tell her. He had already seen the expression she had on her face and he hadn’t even said anything, he didn’t want to cause her anymore misery.

“Tell me, on with it, Trent,” she said with more control in her voice, trying to find courage where she knew there was none.

“Okay love, I will tell you just calm down,” he said ordering her to take deep breaths when she nodded at him to proceed he began. “Your father told me that you’re presumed fiancé has only two more weeks to find a wife,” he said, “but I’m not sure if that would be enough time considering if his advances have not proved to be very promising.”

This caused Madeline to sit back in her chair, the world had come crashing down on her shoulders. Two weeks, that was it, two more weeks.

That amount of weeks wouldn’t be enough to find a wife, wouldn’t be enough to find someone to love. But she had done all that in even less time. Surely he would find someone, he had to find someone.

“No, no, no, that can’t be. We need more time, we need more time…” she cried, tears she couldn’t possible keep back  − even if her life depended −  fell.

It had taken her one look, one dance, one touch and she had fallen for Trent Clayton. The very day she met him something in her told her that he was her perfect someone. The time they had spent together since then had only strengthened their love, their bond. 

How was she going to make it without Trent? How could she give herself in body and soul to another when they already had an owner?

She cried and cried while Trent held her close to his heart, close to tears himself.

*********************

Sorry for the long wait but I unintentionally took a break from Wattpad and high school life doesn't help one bit. 

I will try my best though to update as frequently as possible.

Thanks a billion for reading : )