Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Madeline got ready to go down stairs for breakfast. She was scared of going home and later realized that she would be facing her parents’ anger once she got home. She had been so smitten with the Clayton brothers; she had carelessly forgotten to write to her parents to tell them that she wouldn’t be arriving at the time that she was supposed to.

Her parents were strict people and as the only child that remained living at home with them she was the only one they could pester, annoy and boss around since she was still under their domain. With her older brother, Michael gone and her older sister Caroline married and expecting, Madeline was the only child they had left to meddle with.

Her parents were way to over protective. Madeline’s father was a very stern man and he was not a man you would wish to cross. Her mother was a submissive kind of women, very warm and kind but she loved to throw parties. Madeline’s mother was known for the balls that she hosted, it was her passion, her father thought of it as a way to have his wife distracted.

Once Madeline reached the dining room she noticed that everyone was there. Thank goodness that she had paid attention when both Robert and Trent had escorted her to and from the day before.

“Trent would you be kind enough to let me use men of your staff to go and take a letter to my parents” Madeline asked.

“If it’s about the fact that there was an inconvenience yesterday and that you had to stay here, don’t worry I’ve already send word to them.” Trent replied.

Well that was kind and considerate of him. She was glad though that she would not be bombed with questions once she got home about where she had spent the night and such.