#47 B&B

Neev.

"I will see you then," Sachin nodded before driving off.

As our project is already handed over, there is nothing more to do today. All of us have decided to call it a day and head back home.

I started the car and drive out of the parking lot.

The board meeting is within a week, I know I need to talk to Riya about "things", But I don't know why I am delaying it from her, It's not like I can avoid it for long.

We need to sort out things!

My phone started to ring.

"Hello?"

"I am from Happy apartments, sir."

"Happy apartments?"

"Yea, we found the perfect apartment for you; I have already sent the brochure to you sir."

"You sent it to my place?" I asked him.

"Yes, it's a newly furnished place in a safe neighbourhood, It's-"

I disconnected the call, suddenly feeling uneasy.

There's no way Riya would see that, right?!

I accelerated.

Riya.

"See! I told you, you have a nice figure, Riya, the saree looks good on you," Auntie Alice pushed me in front of the mirror.

I smiled, she just dropped by the apartment with a bunch of gifts for me, One of them was a saree she designed for me, I was touched.

"Thank you Auntie," I said as I looked at my reflection. "I will try it from now on."

"Yes," Auntie Alice beamed, Happy that I am finally accepting her suggestion to wear saree.

"Come home when it's weekend, everyone misses you, Riya, it's so boring there now," she said while getting up" I need to go now; Danny will get irritated if I am not home when he's back," she said.

Typical mom...

I smiled, "okay Auntie, thank you for today, I like the girls time," I said and she turned to me, looking serious suddenly.

"I need to thank you for that family day, Riya, it was the best gift anyone could have given me, thank you so much."

"Come on Auntie, we all had fun, everyone needed it," I said and she smiled back.

"I will go then." she said, taking out her phone.

"Just let me change back, five minutes, Auntie." I said as I ran to the room.

When I came back, Auntie was all ready to leave and I accompanied her to the elevator.

"Its okay Riya, you don't need to see me out-"

"I want to," I said as we entered the elevator. "There's nothing for me to do here now, Auntie."

Soon I greeted the driver -Uncle Manoj and waved her off.

"You have a package, Riya." the security Uncle said and I walked near him.

"What is it, Uncle?"

..............

I was still frozen in front of it when Nivin came in, He stilled in front of me and I tried to smile, but it was too difficult to act normal.

The fact that he had been searching for a house for me this whole time strangely pained me.