Chapter 7

Chapter 7

*Alaine’s POV*

Maybe I was going crazy but maybe I am not. I can about promise you that Aaron has been acting really weird lately. Every time I pass him in the hall he stares at his feet and runs his hand through his hair. I wonder what Jenny did to him this time. Hey, it aint my problem.

 I am supposed to be in the library checking up on all things about the mystery of this Academy. I needed to know this was for-real before I put this ahead of anything else.

 Yet here I am daydreaming about some boy who seemed to have it out for me.

 Wade on the other hand was being really sweet over the last couple of weeks he had gotten me so many things I almost ran out of the chest he had given me. He was still waiting for me to make it up to him.

“Alaine! There you are.” I heard a southern voice eco through the room.

“Been here all day. I even texted you earlier.”

“When did you get your phone back?” He asked, bring back the memory of the first day of school when my phone went off and got taken away. Then since Mrs. Peach had to go and get it she kept if for the whole week I had only gotten it back yesterday night.

“Last night while you were off sneaking into our marshmallow.” I said winking at him.

“Oh that makes since. So did you find anything out about our ‘marshmallow’? you do realize we aren’t talking about a real marshmallow…right?” He replied.

“Wade, for goodness sake I do realize what we are talking about but I thought we said no talking about it out in public.”

“I know sugar. I was just making sure. We are meeting there tonight.” I rolled my eyes.

“Really? Did you have to call me sugar? That’s not my name.”

I regretted that as soon as the words came out of my mouth. He started singing and old song.

“That’s not my name. Dada. That’s not my name. Dada. That’s not my name. Dada. That’s not my name. Dada.”

“Shut-up would you? I am trying to find out what this thing means.”

‘If you want to find a clue. Just go ask Boo. He will show you the way to the bay.’ It was what the note that we had found in the marshmallow last week.

“What if it means we need to go find a ghost?” Wade asked trying to make his voice should spooky. “Alaine are you scared of ghosts?” He asked sitting next to me swinging his legs back and forth.

Ok so we have a clue that says go ask boo. “What if it means go find a cemetery-”

“To kill a mocking bird. By Harper Lee. Boo Radley. One of the main characters in the story. Maybe we should check there.” Going over to a random self he grabbed a book and flipped through the pages.

“Ginger! I found it.”

“Were you trying to be like Velma off scobby-doo?” I giggled.

“Yea how did I do? Must have nailed it.”

“Wade, it’s geenkys she say jeenkys. Not ginger. Unless you want the poor lady to have to come in here I would keep the acting to a min baby.” I said walking up to him.

His face lit up and he closed the space between us.

“Why are you so happy all of a sudden?” I mumbled in to his white t-shirt.

“You called be baby.”

“Your point?”

“You only ever call me Wade. Just like everyone else. But you just called me baby. So now maybe-” I cut him off.

Just a quick kiss on the cheek was what I was going for but apparently I am really bad at my aim and ended up on his ear.

“Dang-it.” I heard him say.

“What? You really thought I was going to kiss you now that I called you baby?” I whispered into his ear.

*Aaron’s POV*

She kissed him. She freaking kissed him. Ugg!

I punched the wall. My hand went through it like butter. I saw Alaine jump as she slid papers back into her bag. Wade quickly changed the website they had been on for the last couple hours and grabbed a book as the walked towards me. Crap I need to hide.

*Alaine’s POV*

I heard a loud thump after I whispered to Wade.

“What was that?” I questioned shoving our clues back into my back pack. Wade quickly changed the website to Facebook then grabbed “To Kill a Mocking Bird.” Then my hand and we walked out of the library. I looked around. maybe it was the heat? Oh well.

“Come one Alaine I think we should go.” Wade said.