Chapter 2

Chapter 2

I looked up at the set of eyes. The cutes guy I had ever seen was sitting there smiling at me. “So you are the new girl that the guys have been talking about?”  He said. “Nice to meet you my name is Wade, Wade Hapmtion.” He stretched out his hand.

“Nice to meet you Wade, Wade Hapmtion. My name is Alaine, Alaine Jones. I guessing you are from The US. Am I right?” I answered.

“You are very right. My parents shipped me here after get expelled for nothing. They said it would be good for me, and until you got here I thought they were lying. I am from South Carolina.” His voice echoed through the room with that southern accent I missed so much.

“Wow you sure no how to flatter a girl. I guess they do teach you something here.” I said. He smiled.

“You want to come eat this pizza with me?” He said pointing to the biggest pizza I had ever seen. My stomach growled, but then I looked at the other girls and they were all eating salad.

“I would love to but not sure it’s good for my figure.” He laughed at that. Inside I thought I sounded stupid, like Caroline back home. Never once had I worried about how I looked.

“Alaine trust me you might never have to worry about that.” He pulled the chair out and I sat down. “Come on there is no way that I can eat this pizza by myself and by the looks of it you really want to eat it.”

Man I have only know this guy for 5 minutes and he has already hit on me and knows what I look like when I want something.

“I do really want it but what if the queen or whoever she is comes in and sees me with pizza dripping down my chin. Not a very good way to start out here.”

“Trust me she never eats with us. She comes in after we get the ice cream. Plus today she is partnering us off for the contest tomorrow. She always does it with who you are sitting with and since everyone else has a partner I guess that means that you are stuck with me.” he smiled. “Looks  like my parents were right. This school would be good for me.”

I ate 7 pieces of pizza and what seemed like 6 gallons of ice cream. Everyone laughed when I asked for more and the maid said ‘Sorry dear we don’t have any more of that. You eat it all.’

After I ‘cried’ about not having anymore ice cream, a relatively young women walked in and every one stopped talking and looked at her. She had straight brown hair pulled back in a pony-tail and she was wearing a t-shirt and jeans. Come on! Why can’t we wear that instead of this annoying dress?

Well apparently I had not just said that in my head, that or she could read my mind. “Well to answer your question Alaine you are going to have to change. We are doing some activities that include getting dirty.”

All the girls groaned. I was so happy I hugged Wade.

“Ok so.” She looked down at the clipboard in her hand and smiled. “Zabrina your with Taylor. Jenny and Aaron; Raine and Felix; Jayne and Quincy; Harper and Parker; and Alaine you are with Wade. Go back to your rooms and get dressed then meet me outside in the back yard.” Then she turned around and left.

We all got up from the table and left. We walked around for what seemed like ages before getting back to our room. All the girls walked back to their closet and were getting dressed. I walked slowly to the door with my name on it. I ran my finger over the gold plaque  as the realization finally set in. I opened the door. Shelves and racks of clothing everywhere. There were such a variety of things that I would have never worn in NC.  Dresses I would only see on the red carpet hung everywhere, then the only spot for stuff that I would love to wear was the back corner. I grabbed a blue tank-top and some black athletic shorts with a pair of black Nike tennis shoes. When I walked back out into our pink room all the girls were putting on make-up.

I washed my face and threw my hair up into a pony-tail then walked down stairs.