Chapter 12

Chapter 12

"Has anyone seen Raine of Felix?" Mrs. Peach asked us at lunch.

I looked around the lunch table. I haven't seen them since yesterday. "Yesterday they told me that they were going on a walk to the dock and maybe take a boat to the main land." I spoke up. "I haven't seen them since then."

"Hmm." Mrs. Peach chewed on the bottom of her lip.

"I bet Ms. Perfect got rid of them so she could win this whole thing." I heard Jenny snicker to Aaron.

I just rolled my eyes and glanced down at my plate. "I'm sorry I can't be of much help but if you want me to I will go look for them." My appetite was gone for some odd reason.

I shot quick glances at all the girls at this table. The were all dressed in elegant ball gowns and then there was me. I was wearing a pair of grey skinny jeans, a green, stretchy, silky shirt with a white cami under it and to top it all off... an FBI black baseball cap. Seriously why on earth would I be here. I don't have any desire to be a princess.

"If you don't mind." Mrs. Peach replied timidly.

"I don't mind at all." I quickly stood up and grabbed a pancake and walked out of the food hall.

"Alaine wait up." I looked over my shoulder to find Wade jogging after me.

"Yeah?"

"I can't let you go out there by yourself. Plus I have another letter for you from your dad." He pulled a folded paper out and handed it to me.

We kept walking as I read the letter.

Alaine,

'I have never loved anyone as much as you and your mother. You know that right?'

'I know daddy.'

'Then you understand when I say that when I leave it's the best for you two.'

'But daddy... Why do you have to leave? Did we do something wrong?'

I laugh. 'No sweetheart. But I will still be watching you. Everything you do. When you get older and marry Wade.'

You scrunched your face up. 'No. boys are yucky. I never want to marry anyone. I don't need anyone but you daddy. You are my man.'

A tear ran down my face as I continued to read.

I know that you won't remember any of this after I'm gone but that's why I'm writing it down. So that maybe the memories will come back even after the amnesia that the officers have to give you. Anyways... Alaine. There is something very wrong with this island. Something that I do not wish upon anyone. That man is still hanging around. I have told him that if he doesn't leave then he will be punished.

The note ended there. I glanced at Wade. 

"Here is the other one. No sign of the other two yet." He handed me the next paper.

Alaine,

Baby? where are you? What happened? Where did you go?

There were blotches on the paper like where tears landed. His handwriting was fast and messy.

I don't know where you are. Wade came in screaming saying that some man had taken you. We have searched the whole island for your beautiful face. Where could you have gone? I don't get it. Why would anyone take you? I have set a new law that is to take motion after I pass that there will be a contest to see who would take over this awful place. That will take place unless you somehow end up back here. Then you have to go through the same thing but if you win, the law is null and void. Unless of course you want it to stay. It's up to you sweetheart.

"Alaine. Look." Wade waked over to the main dock and picked up a note with a rock on top of it. Unfolding the letter, he started to read aloud.

"We can't take it anymore. Felix is taking us to his home town where we can raise a family and not worry about the crap that surrounds the whole island. Alaine and Wade are obviously going to win this thing so we have left. Hope you guys do not mind. If you want to call us to check in here are the numbers. Love you guys so much."

"Great just great. Now it really looks like we got rid of them. Jenny is so going to rub this in our faces." I was starting to stress out. My arms were shaking and the breaths were short and rapid.

All of a sudden Wade came out of now where and wrapped his arms around my body."Shh. Alaine it will be OK. You don't need to freak out. I'm hear for you we can just tell them that they were leaving when we caught up to them. They said that they wanted to start a family together away from this place. I want you to understand that no matter what happens I'll be here for you."

I slowly started to calm down as he rubbed up and down my arms.

"Well we have to go talk to them." I said while looking up at him.