Chapter 3: Cookies, Crazies, and a strict Daddy?

Dominic's POV

Halfway through class I was brought out of my haze of focus by Paige giggling.

“You’ve got a secret admirer Domi, look.” I followed where she gestured to, only to see Blu sitting in his chair watching me with a flirtatious smirk, he winked at me as we made eye contact. I rolled my eyes and set the brush down to sign.

‘I don’t know whats with him.’ she smiled as she peered over to see what i’d been painting.

“And looks like you like him back.” she giggled as she whispered, I looked at my painting to see an un-colored outline of myself with my head tilted to the side, my face emotionless. The top of my skull was missing partially, made to look like a bowl with blue liquid spilling over the side slightly, at the bottom where my collar bone faded away were three hands stained with blue paint, each bent to spell out each letter of Blu’s name in sign language.

‘Shut up, I didn’t even notice thats what I was painting. Now leave me alone, i’ve got to finish this damn thing.’ she giggled more as I blushed and tried to re-focus.

Five minuets before class ended Mrs. Adair walked behind me to study my, now finished, paining.

“Beautiful Dominic, I love it, you can see the emotion behind the painting, even though you’re emotionless in the image.” she sighed as she smiled, bending over to lean close to my ear. “And don’t worry darling, i’ll keep your secret.” she pulled a thin white cloth over the dried painting to cover it and patted my head before walking to the next student.

“Can I see this amazing painting?” I turned to see Blu standing in between my easel and Paige’s.

‘No, now leave me alone.’ I replied in sign, he gave me a confused look,

“He said, no and to leave him alone.” Paige said calmly, she draped her arm over my shoulder as the bell rang. She kissed my cheek and moved her hand from my shoulders to my own hand and intertwined our fingers, “Come on Domi, lets get going, oh and take you’re ‘special’ painting too!” she smiled as she said special, and began to tug on my arm.

I grabbed my painting, making sure to keep it covered with the cloth and was dragged out of the room by Paige. I noticed Blu watching us, confusion with a hint of something I couldn’t figure out in his eyes.

Paige and I spent the night away at her house watching movies, freaking out at horrors, laughing at comedies, and drooling over the smexies in the romance’s. We were broken from our argument about who got Channing Tatum at the sound of someone coughing awkwardly.

“Dad! You’re home!” Paige smiled as she signed with her hands as she spoke,

‘Who’s this.’ her father asked, walking over to us and studying me closely.

“This is Dominic, he’s sleeping over.” this caused him to scowl

‘Who said this boy could sleep over.’ he questioned giving me a dirty look.

“Daddy, calm down, he’s gay.” she smiled and giggled a little, he looked at me questioningly, as if asking if its true.

‘It’s true sir, she and I were just arguing over who got Channing Tatum, actually.’ I turned to Paige ‘Which is me, you got Taylor Lautner, so I get Channing Tatum.’ and stuck my tongue out at her.

“Fine.” she grumbled, then looked back at her father. “So can he daddy, please?” she gave him puppy dog eyes and he sighed,

‘Fine, but if your step-mother hears one suspicious noise, i’ll kick his ass.’ he kissed her forehead softly and waved goodbye before disappearing into the hallway.

Blu’s POV- Saturday

I was woken up as the doorbell rang repetitively, looking at the time I realized Gab and Aunt Kayla were probably out shopping since it was noon. I threw my blanket off violently and stumbled through the hall way, knocking into the walls a couple times and cursed when I reached the stairs. I managed to get down the steps without falling,

“I’m coming dammit!” I yelled as I shuffled to the front door. The ringing stopped as I threw the door open and glared at whoever it was half asleep. “What do you want.” I grumbled,

“Wow, what a nice way to greet your half-brother after 4 years of not speaking.” I rubbed my eyes at the familiar voice. Once my vision was clear I was met with a pair of soft light blue eyes just below a fluffy mess of beach blonde hair. I immediately recognized the long thin nose and charming smile,

“Chase, damn, it’s been so long.” I smiled as I ran my hand through my hair. Chase and I have been best friends since diapers, he was my partner in crime when we stole cookies from the jar as kids. When I moved to New York with my mom we lost connections,

“Don’t I know it. Now get dressed so you can go to my house to see my mom, she’s dying to see ya.” I then noticed I was only wearing my boxers, I chuckled before running to my room and changing quickly.

I locked the door as I left and followed Chase to the familiar house next door. As I walked in through the old oak doorway my nose was seduced by the delicious scent of cookies and other pastries. I inhaled the intoxicating scent deeply, recognizing the old, familiar scent of my favorite cookie, peanut butter chocolate chip. Whenever I, or anybody tried to bake peanut butter and chocolate chip cookies, they’d burn, or be under cooked, never getting the timing right; but Mrs. Favara, Chase’s mom, is the creator of the delicious pastries, so she knew just how to make them perfect.

“Ma, you made cookies!” I ran into the kitchen grinning like a fool to see the familiar, short, curvy woman with blonde curly hair that ended at her shoulders, her eyes a piercing light blue, she may not be my mom, but she might as well be a second one, when my mom and dad went through the divorce she, Chase, and Mr. Favara were the ones to help me through it and was always there for me even before they split. She smiled at me excitedly as she hurried over to me,

“Blu, darling, I’m so happy to see you.” she hugged me tightly, knocking the air out of me for a second before hurrying to tend to something in the oven. “I made you and Chase some cookies, their on the table.” she said as if reading my mind,

“Thanks Ma.” I exited the kitchen to the dinning room to see Chase shoving a light blue cookie in his mouth, Ma likes to add food coloring to the batter so their blue, since she made the cookies originally for me she calls them her Blue Cookie’s.

“Don’t hog ass wipe.” I grabbed a cookie off the plate and took a bite, quietly moaning at the flavor of peanut butter and chocolate exploding in my mouth. Ma is the owner of the best bakery in town, meaning her baking, and even cooking skills, are phenomenal.

After eating all the cookies me and Chase played video games in his room for a while until I noticed a beautiful mural on the wall behind us, my back had been turned to it while playing the game and only noticed it because I’d stopped playing and laid back on the bed. Looking closer I could see the beautiful detail of a side image of Chase, his hair flowed gently by an invisible wind, he looked as if deep in thought as he stared off into who knows where. In front of his face and positioned slightly under his chin was a smaller painting of his dog, Buddy, catching a ball, mid jump with a park as a back ground, the edges of the image of his dog faded to the regular white walls.

“Who painted this?” I asked in awe of the detail in the mural.

“My brother, he’s got skills right?” Chase smiled as he spoke, “He added Buddy’s image in when he died. It was a birthday present, I woke up to see him finishing it, he’d stayed up all night to paint it.” not knowing that Buddy had passed I patted Chase’s back. Buddy was his best friend, even more than me, and meant the world to Chase, for him to die must have crushed Chase, though I was confused on the brother thing I decided to not ask and change the subject from his dog.

“Wana go see if Ma’s got more goodies?” he chuckled softly and raced me downstairs to the kitchen.

*     *     *

Okey, so the right is Chase and Mrs.Favara/Malarie!

Tell me if you like it in the comments and vote's would be appriciated <3