Fear Of Love31

Chapter 31

When I got home I waited for my parents and ran out to meet them when they pulled into the driveway

“Oh honey I missed you” My mom jumped out of the passenger seat and ran around the car to give me a hug “You have to tell me everything that has been going on lately” I nodded and helped them bring their bags in.

That night was a lot more enjoyable that you would have expected. My Mom, Dad and I sat in the living room until really late just talking about everything, what happened on their trip and then everything that had been happening with me, I left out the part with Zack of course but included everything else.

“Well, I guess it’s time for bed” My Mom said stretching and yawning

“Alright Night” I said getting up and following my parents upstairs to the bedrooms

“I can’t believe she graduates next weekend” My Mom said to my Dad, halfway up the stairs. I smiled thinking of no more school and freedom.

~

That week drug on and on until graduation day had finally arrived. Amanda, Wendi and I had gone shopping for a graduation outfit the last weekend and when Friday rolled by we were all glammed up and ready to be out of that school. Wendi had chosen a blue knee length strapless dress, Amanda picked out a two piece skirt outfit and I had a black over the shoulder shin length dress with dark orange accents.

“And I give you the graduating class of 2010” The principal announced into the microphone and everybody started cheering and throwing hats.

We were finally free. Bryce came up to me afterwards and told me that he had something special planned for the weekend.

I wondered what it was for the rest of the day and when Saturday rolled around I was really anxious. I didn’t need to be though because Bryce took me to a movie, which we had done countless times before, and a dinner at a restaurant by the lake.

~

The spring turned into summer and the flowers were in full bloom, life was going great with Bryce and I had almost forgotten about the day in the park with Eric.

“Hey” I answered my phone to Bryce’s voice

“Hi” I spoke into the mouthpiece

“What are you doing tomorrow?” He asked

“Nothing that I know of, Why?”

“I’ll pick you up at 10 then, I have a surprise for you” I tried asking him what it was but there was no use. Bryce loved to surprise me and he had gotten quite good and hiding it until he actually did it. I agreed and the next morning when Bryce arrived I was ready and waiting.

BEEP BEEP. Bryce honked the horn letting me know he was there and then jumped out of the truck and ran up to my front door.

“Hi” I greeted him

“Well hello beautiful” He smiled at me

“Thanks” I took his hand and walked with him to his truck. He opened the passenger door, I slid in and he ran around to the other side and climbed in as well.

“Where are we going?” I asked

“Not telling, but it’ll be somewhere special”

We drove for about 10 more minutes before turning into a gravel driveway that lead to the woods somewhere. “Ok now close your eyes and don’t open them until I say to”

I hesitantly did as he instructed me to, “Where are we?” I asked again but Bryce just chuckled and kept driving. After probably a minute I got bored and acted like I was looking out the window,

“HEY” Bryce shouted and I turned my head to him, eyes still closed “Funny” he said “No peeking”

“Fine” I said and put my head in my hands, acting like I was upset.

I couldn’t see the clock so I don’t know how far we went but for me, waiting, it felt like eternity, I finally felt the car slow down and finally stop. I heard Bryce’s door open and then shut

“Bryce?” I hollered “Where are you…” at that moment my door came open

“Hop out” Bryce said. I carefully felt my way around and found the ground eventually, then all of a sudden I felt my feet come off the ground and I almost screamed but then I felt Bryce's strong arm's holding me tightly. Bryce started walking and I put my arms around his neck.

“Don’t drop me” I laughed

“Don’t worry” I could feel Bryce’s heart beat as he carried me. I had forgotten everything except the moment and I never wanted it to stop. He finally set me down and I found my footing.

“Ok you can open” I opened my eyes and once my eyes adjusted to the sunlight I saw it,

“Oh Bryce” I gasped.