Fear Of Love

Chapter 1

“Brandi!” Someone hollered my name from the other end of the hallway as I was slamming my locker shut for the last time that week. “The party at your house tonight is still at 7:30 right?” I turned around to see Zack heading my way.

“Dang right baby, I’ll see you there?” I said, smirking as I turned around and started doing the cat walk towards the front doors, taking a quick, seductive, look over my shoulder. Hearing his footsteps quicken, I knew it wasn’t long before….

I wasn’t even able to finish my though before I felt Zack’s big arms wrap around me and capture my small body in a lock.

“Where do you think you’re going?” Zack’s breath crept down the back of my neck, leaving its trail of evidence behind and left me feeling pin prickles down the whole length of my spine.

I bent my head back to chill the feel of heat threatening to break through my skin and Zack took that as and invite and started trailing soft kisses up my neck towards my jaw. Knowing what he expected, I turned my head just enough where he’d have to reach farther than capable to find my lips.

“You’re such a tease” He said between pecks. I rolled my eye’s knowing too well how to play the part of the perfect girlfriend. Knowing when the appropriate time was, I spun around in his embrace standing on my toes and planted a firm yet warm smooch on his lips. Right about when he was ready to deepen the kiss I pulled back and dropped back to my normal height.

“See you at 7:30?” I asked, feigning breathlessness

“Make that 7” Zack said and I waved then skipped away out the door and to my car.

~~~

As soon as I had the final stack of cups placed on the drink table I heard the doorbell go off and then the sounds of Wendi and Kasey’s voice as they walked in the door

“BRANDI, we’re here” Kasey shouted in the highest pitch voice you could imagine.

“Hey girls,” I threw my hands up, motioning to the lights and other miscellaneous decorations I had hung around the house “What do you think?”

“Looks like…” Wendi stopped mid-sentence looking around, suddenly looking disgusted “Someone…” She stopped again, looking at me and making me nervous “Really knew what they were doing!” She exclaimed happily.

I let out a breath of air I didn’t know I was holding and flung my arm around Wendi’s muscular shoulders.

Wendi was basically a girl jock, playing all sports imaginable and still managed to look like a girl and get all the guys’ attention with her beach blonde hair and hazel eyes, highlighted by long eyelashes enhanced with the perfect shade of mascara, on the other hand, Kasey was the peppiest girl you’d ever meet with the perfect cheerleader body and French manicured hands and pulling off the ditzy personality and the ideal tan all year long.

“Let’s get ready” I motioned to Kasey who had already started making her way up to my enormous room, hauling her outfit and make up bags along with her.

“Alright well I left my dress in the car so I’ll be right back” Wendi flashed her winning smile in my direction and winked before slipping back out the door as quick as a wink and leaving me standing in the foyer by my lonesome self.

I quickly took one more glance around the main floor of my house, making sure everything was in place, before bounding up the stairs to prepare for my party to start, and being the host I had to look my utmost best.

“Hey Kasey, don’t you look smashing” I grinned at one of my best friends who was leaning against my vanity table spreading on, yet another, coat of lip gloss.