Chapter 10

HEY EVERYONE, I KNOW I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN MONTHS SO PLEASE DONT KILL ME! I've been busy and lazy but I finally updated!

Just so you're not confused I changed Sarah Martinez who was played by Ariana Grande into Natalie Ellis who is now played by Demi Lovato. THATS IMPORTANT SO YOU'RE NOT CONFUSED, IF YOU ASK ME ABOUT IT I WILL CHOP YOUR HEAD OFF BC YOU SOMETIMES NEED TO READ THESE AUTHORS NOTE BC THEY COULD BE IMPORTANT ESPECIALLY IF IT'S IN CAPS AND ITALICS.

Another thing before you can read (unless you skip all of this lol) Im finally able to go on the laptop during school as before I was only allowed on the holidays.

I also think it's too early in my book writing career to put goals and updating days so I will update when I can, especially since I recovered from my MAJOR WRITERS BLOCK. But it will be more often since I'm allowed on the laptop during school and I said this before but I prefer writing on the laptop so if I'm on a laptop more often the updates will come more often :)

Btw I have this book planned out but it's just the main parts in the book, since this idea came from a dream :)

ONE MORE THING!!!! It is the last thing, I think that I'm relying on dreams to give me ideas for books lol and THAT HAPPENED AGAIN so I'm using that idea as well, and I decided for it to be Zayn's turn so MY NEXT BOOK IS A ZAYN MALIK FANFICTION! If you're more interested in him than Louis then stay with me :) Plus the idea is more original than this and maybe hasn't been done before, idk.

ANYWAYS IF YOU READ THIS AUTHORS NOTE WITH SOME IMPORTANT STUFF IN IT, THEN THANK YOU, ILY and you can read now :)))

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tuesday morning was now here. I groaned as the blasted alarm clock woke me up. All I wanted was to sleep forever, but we all know that can't happen, although next week is the last week of school. The thought of that made me get up. I did my daily routine, excluding the shower as I had showered and did the necessities last night after I had came home from a day with the boys.

Yesterday was so much fun. We had went shopping and I bought my Mum a present which was a Chanel bag and a diamond encrusted locket that had a picture of mom and I in it. She was leaving tomorrow and I was sad to see her go. However I would have an empty house all to myself, plus the lads could come over. She doesn't have to know that five boys will be alone with me while she's away.

I pranced downstairs only in time for my phone to ring, back upstairs. I sighed, knowing I was going to be late if I talked for too long. I went back upstairs to answer the call.

"Hello?"

"Hey Mackenzie, when are you coming?"

"Well, I was just about to leave, but you called me." I answered Natalie.

"Oh well I was making sure you were coming, isn't your mom leaving tomorrow?" She asked me.

"Yeah she is, look I'll talk to you more at school, I'm going to be late."

"Alright babe, talk to you then." Natalie said then hung up.

I sighed then grabbed my bag and went back downstairs. I quickly took a banana from the fruit bowl and headed outside the door, got in my car and drove the dreadful way to school.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-

"Mackenzie!"

I turned my head to where I heard my name being called and saw Natalie running over to me. She skidded to a halt in front of me and started flailing her arms around. Is that what I look like when I fangirl?

"Um hi? Why are you so jumpy?" I questioned her.

"How was your date last night?" She asked me excitedly. Oh yeah, she was reading over my shoulder the whole time I was texting Harley for the plans about the date.

"It was amazing actually. We went go-cart racing and I beat him." I told her while giggling.

"Aw geez how romantic!" She answered me sarcastically while we both laughed. Natalie's phone 'dinged' so she fished it out of her bag and looked at who texted her. She quickly sent a reply, her fingers rapidly tapping on the screen. After she was finished she locked her phone and put it back in her bag while taking my arm and dragging me towards the office.

"Erm, Natz why are we going to the office? Class is about to start." I said to her.

"Be quiet and start crying. We are going shopping with El, Dani and Perrie at 12. So we are going to ditch." She demanded. My eyes were probably about to pop out of my eye sockets.

"Ditch?!" I exclaimed. "I'm a straight A student, I can't skip school!"

We stopped walking and Natalie sighed heavily while pinching the bridge of her nose.

"Look do you want to go shopping or not? We can just make up an excuse, they will let us go. But first you have to cry, how else will they believe that your mom is in hospital?" She smirked at me.

"But she's not in hospital! And how am I supposed to cry, I can't fa-" I got interuppted by a something hitting my stomach forcefully and realized Natalie had punched me in the gut.

"Natalie! What the hell?" I almost screamed. She put a finger to her mouth, signalling me to shut up. She looked into my eyes to see if I was crying and I could tell I was about to, feeling the tears forming in my tear ducts. Natalie decided it wasn't good enough so she stomped on my foot and punched me in my stomach again. I let out a whimper and felt the tears rolling down my cheeks. Natalie smiled, satyisfied and pulled me the rest of the way to the office.

"The things I do for you, let alone the things I let you do to me." I sniffled. She gave me a glare to tell me to stop talking as we arrived at the front desk. The front desk lady acknowledged us and frowned as to why we weren't in class.

"Hello girls, what seems to be the problem? Why aren't you both in class?" The lady asked us.

Natalie started speaking, "Good morning miss. My friend here was just informed that her Mum is in hospital and she really needs to go see her, she doesn't want to go alone either. She's in hysterics for her Mum."

As she said this she stepped on my foot again, probably telling me to start crying out loud with the tears still evident on my face. I did as I was told and starting shaking and sniffling, letting the occasional cry come out, trying to be as believable as possible.

The lady's face quickly turned into one of pity and replied to Natalie, "Oh Dear, that's horrible! Poor thing, here, I'll write up a note to give to your teachers. Go ahead, be safe!" She called out to us as we headed for the entry of the school. As soon as the doors closed behind us Natalie let out a big laugh.

"What a sucker! I can't blame her though, it was pretty believable." She said. I nodded my head and started to wipe away my tears, carressing my stomach as well.

"Oh and sorry about hitting you, I figured it would be the only way to make you cry." She apologized. I grunted in reply and took a panadol from my bag, gulping it down with the water bottle I had, trying to ease the pain of my stomach.

We walked to our cars, heading to our own homes to get changed. As I was driving I hoped that Mum did leave for work, even though she was leaving tomorrow. I just hoped she didnt stay and pack.

I creeped along our street until my house came into view. I let out a big breath that I was holding when her car wasn't in the driveway. I quickly parked and ran into the house, unlocking it first. I sprinted upstairs and changed into a black short sleeve shirt with the words 'Act like a lady, talk like a boss' printed in big, bold, white letters on it, denim shorts with while lace covering the right leg, and my white converse. I grabbed my phone and wallet and placed them in my pockets, not bothering to grab a bag. I picked up my raybans and perched them on top of my head, only using them for the sun outside.

I jogged downstairs and went back outside, locking the door before I headed back into my car and drove to the shopping mall.

-.-.-.-.-

I stepped foot into the very large shopping mall and straight away headed to the food court, where Eleanor told us to meet up. I walked until all the little shops full of food were in my sight. I looked around trying to find one of the girls until I heard my name.

"Mackenzie! Over here!" I turned my head to where the voice was coming from and I saw Eleanor and Danielle waving me over. I made my way over to them and greeted them warmly.

"Hi El, hi Dani." I said politely. "Did you guys have to make this shopping trip so early? I had to skip school." I whined and pouted as I took my seat. They laughed at my childish whining, also probably laughing about how I was so worried about school.

"Don't worry, Natalie told us you have straight A's, I'm pretty sure you can afford to miss a day." Eleanor spoke first.

"How did you guys manage to get out?" Danielle asked curiously.

I let out a slight laugh and replied, "She told them my mom was in hospital but she had to make me cry first, so she punched me in the stomach, twice."

They broke out into a fit of giggles while I just sat there with my arms crossed, hoping to stop them laughing at me with my intense glare. Once they took a look at my face they broke out into another fit of laughter and soon enough I joined in. After all our laughing I decided to change the subject.

"Where's Perrie and Natz?" I questioned them. In the middle of me asking that question I pulled my phone out of my pocket and texted Natalie to see where she was.

"Perrie will be on her way soon, Zayn surprised her with an adorable kitten this morning." Danielle said in awe. Me and Eleanor both 'aw'ed at the sweetness of Zayn. I was also reminded of the boys by the mention of Zayn, we should really hang out sometime soon again, I miss them already.

My phone dinged on the table and I picked it up to see that Natalie had texted me back.

From: Natzzzz<3

I'm on my way, sorry, my dad was home so I had to be careful, and on top of that there was a bit of traffic but I'm in the mall now.

I decided not to reply as she was on the way here, stuffed my phone back in my pocket and informed Eleanor and Danielle that she was coming. Soon enough we saw Natalie coming into our sight and we put our hands up so she would acknowledge that we were sitting here. She came over to us and sat down on another one of the empty seats.

"Sorry I'm late guys." She apologized breathlessly. We assured her it was alright and we started chit-chatting for a bit while waiting for our hot pretzels and smoothies that Eleanor and Danielle ordered, before we came, to arrive.

"Hey, where's Perrie?" * Natalie questioned us, stopping our little conversations. I chuckled a bit at the irony and shrugged, Eleanor speaking up to explain where she was. As expected Natz 'aw'ed at the cute couple.

As she was cooing over Zayn and Perrie, out of the corner of my eye I saw Perrie approaching our table and an idea popped into my head. I made sure Perrie was looking at me and I made a gesture for her to be quiet and to scare all three girls. She quickly understood and nodded her head.

I pretended to listen to the girls' conversation while I watched Perrie slowly creep up to our table. She slowly bent down and carefully placed her head in the middle of the girls, closest to Danielle and Natalie. It took all that was in my willpower not to laugh, as she sucked in a big breath of air and shouted,

"PRADA." All three girls jumped out of their seats while my head was placed on the table, shoulders shaking violently with laughter. I lifted my head up to see what was happening and I saw Perrie also laughing her ass off. We high-fived and watched Natalie, Danielle and Eleanor recover from their shock.

"I hate you so much Perrie!" Danielle squealed, Eleanor and Natalie nodding their head in agreement while glaring at her.

"Aw c'mon guys, it was a joke! You love me, really." Perrie replied.

"Why did you scream out 'Prada' anyway?" Eleanor asked Perrie.

"That's what our new kitten's name is, Prada. Once I got closer I heard you guys talking about it." I noticed Perrie backing away slowly and my eyes widened. What was she doing?

"By the way, Mackenzie told me to do it." She exclaimed quickly before running away. That little piece of shi-

"Mackenzie!" All three girls yelled. I screamed and jumped out of my seat, not caring if we were making a scene and starting running in the direction Perrie went, laughing along the way. I loved these girls already!

-.-.-.-.-.-

I caught up to Perrie and after a while we stopped running, the other three girls eventually catching up to us. After lecturing us, they punished us by making Perrie and I carry each girl for 5 minutes into each store we went.

After that torture, we started shopping normally and each bought a few things of our liking. We ended up walking around, looking aimlessly for more stores that interested us. I checked the time to see if we were running late, but it was only 2:20pm and school finished at 3:10pm so we had less than an hour to shop. I let out a breathe I didn't know I was holding, guess I'm anxious I'm going to get caught.

I told the girls of the time and they suggested that we were to leave as we couldn't find any more stores that we liked. Suddenly we heard a shriek. I looked over to see Natalie standing in front of a hair salon, looking at us with eager eyes.

"Guys! Can we go in here before we leave? Please?" Natalie begged us, extending the 'e' in 'please' at the end. The hair salon reminded me of mom and I thanked my lucky stars that she worked in a different mall. I need to stop being so anxious.

"What do you want to do with your hair this time Natz?" I quizzed her sarcastically. She rolled her eyes before replying.

"That's a secret, but really, can we? I can't be the only one out of us who wants to do something with my hair!" She exclaimed.

I turned to Eleanor and Danielle, watching them ponder until Eleanor spoke up.

"Hm, yeah I actually want to cut my hair in layers, to go along with my ombré dyed ends."

"Danielle? Mackenzie?" Natalie questioned us. I shook my head no, I didn't really want to do anything with my hair right now, maybe another time.

Danielle also shook her head. "Nah, there's nothing I can really do with my luscious curls." She said dramatically, flipping her hair to go along with it. We all chuckled at her actions.

"Great! Lets all go inside and you two can wait for us." Natalie replied excitedly, dragging us all into the salon. They went to the front desk to get an appointment and turns out they were available now, so as they went deeper into the hair salon, Danielle and I sat down in the chairs of the waiting area and talked about everything we could think of.

-.-.-.-.-

"Okay guys. Are you ready to see the new and improved beautiful Eleanor Calder and spectacular Natalie Ellis?" A voice interrupted mine and Danielle's conversation. I recognized it to be Natalie's and rolled my eyes at her silliness. We waited patiently for both of them to come around the corner.

"Tada!" They both shouted, wriggling their hands in the air. So, Natalie decided to dye her hair neon blue this time. What an...original choice. You could still see some black near her roots. I looked over to Eleanor and couldn't see much of a difference. Her hair was a bit shorter but I couldn't really see the layers.

"Wow! You both look great!" Danielle grinned at them.

"Nice hair choice this time Natz." I smirked at her. She winked at me and bumped our shoulders together. El and Natalie went back over to the front desk to pay for their hair styles and out we went. It was nearing 3:00pm so we said our goodbyes to each other and went to our separate cars.

I had a great time, all of them were so sweet. I'm actually glad that I skipped school for this, it was worth it. Since there was only ten minutes of school left and I knew my mom wouldn't be home yet, I went back home and changed into my pajamas, making sure I looked normal and doing what I do when mom comes home, which is being lazy.

I still felt so bad for doing this, but maybe it's time for me to let the...inner rebel out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WOO! Go Kenzie! Let your inner rebel out!

This is a filler chapter but at least it's a chapter! But, it's a nice, fun chapter to enjoy :) I loved writing it.

* Hey where's Perrie? SEE WHAT I DID THERE HAHAHAHA no, okay.

Anywaysssss hoped you guys enjoyed it, next chapter is the airport chapter, Mackenzie is dropping her Mom off there and she is going to the U.S of A! I promise it won't be boring :3

Who do you think will go with her?
What do you think is going to happen?

Got this idea of asking questions off someone, thank you and credit to you :p So answer what you think!

Until next time my turtles <3