Chapter 9

I was now back at my own home. Natalie and I had finished watching movies and I had lunch there. It was now 6:30, I had one and a half hour to get ready. What to wear? Yes he told me to dress casual nicely but it all depended on where we were going, I doubt he would tell me that. I sighed as I rummaged through my walk-in-wardrobe.

I finally settled on a white short-sleeved top and some navy jeans; It was summer after all thought it got quite chilly at night. I grabbed my clothes and headed into my bathroom, setting the clothes down on the counter and turning on the shower, making sure it was at the temperature I desired. I stripped from my clothes and stepped into the steamy shower scrubbing my body, washing my hair and all the necessities.

After I finished with my blissful heated shower, I stepped out of the shower, regretting it once the cold air nipped at my bare skin. I grabbed a towel and wrapped it around my body. I turned around to face the counter. I applied the usual make-up; mascara, eyeliner and lip gloss. As I finished, I dropped the towel to the floor and wore my clothes. I decided to let my hair dry naturally, applying hair mousse to make it more wavy. I walked out of the bathroom and checked the time, 7:45. With 15 minutes to go, I slipped some creamy colored sandals on my feet and my earrings and necklace. I grabbed my phone and wallet and stuffed them in my pockets, too lazy to carry a bag around. I quickly slipped on a sweater just in case we went somewhere cold

The doorbell rang and I made my way over to the door. I opened the door and let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. I guess I was worried about wearing the wrong thing, but when Harley showed up in jeans and a t-shirt, I was relieved.

"You look beautiful." I smiled at him as I thanked him. As we walked out of the doorway, stopping shortly to lock the door behind me. My mother worked double jobs, I still wasn't keen on her working a double job and a pizza shop at night, we had enough money from her hairdressing job but I guess we could use a little more money if needed. I only saw her in the afternoon basically.

We walked the short distance to his car, and he opened the door for me. I had déjà vu, my mind going back to the other day where Harry had done the same before going to the club. I made a mental note to remember I still had to talk to him. I was pulled out of my trance when the car had started moving to an unknown place.

"Harley, where are we going?" I questioned, trying to be as sweet as I can. He glanced at me before smirking.

"Don't bother trying Mackenzie, you're not gonna get it out of me." He answered. I grunted in defeat. The ride was pretty short, and soon we arrived at a strange building. As Harley was turning off the engine and stepping out of the car, I looked at the building in a questioning manner before looking at Harley in the same way. He just shrugged and came around to my side to open the door. I got out of the car and waited for Harley to close the door of the vehicle and lock it. He rested his hand to the small of my back while leading me inside.

As we entered the building, I saw nothing but what looked like a reception desk. I was confused, what were we doing?

"Hello! You must be Harley! This must be your date, well I'm Melanie." She said while shaking my hand. She came off a little strong but I guess it's just her personality. "We have everything ready for you. Follow me." She continued while gesturing us to follow her. We went over to the door that was on the far side of the room and walked inside. My eyes scanned the room and they landed upon the sign on top of another door that Melanie disappeared to. Go cart racing! I turned to face Harley.

"You took us to go cart racing?" I asked him, my face expressionless. He smiled until he noticed my face, his face quickly washing over with worry.

"Yeah I did, is that okay? Do you not like it? It's alright if you don't, I'll just take you somewhere else, maybe we can go to that plac-"

"I love it! I've always loved go-carts." I exclaimed, cutting over his rambling and giggling at his face that was now filled with relief.