September 13

3 votes for next chapter? Tell me how I'm doing!

Vote

Comment

Enjoy!
_______________________

Edward Cullen's P.O.V.

I walked back to my house, my hands full of the cheap grocery bags with a variety of ingredients my mother had asked me to buy.

My father had invited the Denali's over for dinner to try and reach an agreement on the business closing in. They had been both family and business friends for as long as I could remember, always meeting up together on weekends and holidays for typical American barbecue and hours of gossiping for the ladies.

The Denali's have three daughters, Kate, Irina, and Tanya. Kate was married to a man named Garett and they were living in England, while Irina was at college at Harvard and Tanya was here in New York. She was about my age, 17, maybe a few months younger. All three of them had shiny blonde hair, looking identical. However, their personalities could not be the least bit the same.

Much to my dismay, Tayna and I were dating. She was by far the most childish and whiny daughter of the three. She seemed pretty happy with our relationship but I on the other hand could not be more disappointed. My father forced me into a relationship with her so he could have a better shot at making this deal. While being more than pissed with my father, I understood his business politics, even if I didn't agree with them. It didn't mean I had to like it though. Despite being beautiful, Tanya had one of the worst personalities I'd ever encountered. She had a snobby attitude due to being spoiled rotten. To say the least, she was the basic rich girl stereotype .

She was also coming to dinner today.

***

Bella Swan's P.O.V.

September 13th. The day my mother gave birth to me, 17 years ago. I sighed, wishing  I was with her and my father. But it hasn't been like that for seven years, and let's face it: it never would be again.

I walked through the shady parts of New York, the places no one would dare to go near, if they had any common sense.To me however, it was like home. It had been for a long time.

"Bye Bella!" Ernie yelled at me as I left the diner.

I gave him a small, forced smile and waved goodbye. Ernie was the owner of Yorkies a diner around the bad part of this place. He was like an uncle to me, the only one who knew what I was going through. Him and my father were best buds, having been at college together. When my mother and father died in a car accident on the way to pick me up to school, Ernie picked me up. If it wasn't for him, I would be at an orphanage. Despite being close to me, I felt too embarrassed to move in with him. He had already done so much for me, why burden him with the trouble of a child? I told him I was moving in with a friend, though how he could believe a friend would take in an orphan was beyond me. I usually slept on any bench not covered in bird poop, or any poop for that matter.

I grabbed my old and torn jacket from the counter and opened the door to leave.

"Happy Birthday Bells!" He called after me.

I didn't answer. I hated my birthday, since it was the day my parents died. I walked in the same direction I always left in and went to find a comfy bench. I wandered around town, not finding anything. The park was under construction now, due to some major destructions and I would not be able to go to those benches.

I finally came across a bridge, and there was a space where I could lay down completely. I rolled my jacket into a ball and put my head on it, using it as a pillow. It was rather cold today and I shivered and trembled, not having a blanket. I tried to fall into a peaceful slumber.

Which did not appear to come to me.

I got up and sat down again, hugging my legs to my stomach, trying to keep warm a little. I cried and cried, hearing the happy voices of the families living in the houses nearby. I missed my mom, I missed my dad, and I missed the rest of my family. Where they were and who they are is a mystery to me. I never met the rest of my family.

After a few more hours of crying, I fell asleep, and I dreamt of what would happen if my parents were alive.

*DREAM*

I was seated at a table made for four, and sat right in front of my parents. They were singing happy birthday to me, and in front of them, a massive cake, with red frosting. It was in the shape of a heart and written in icing were the words: Happy Birthday Bella! We love you!

I grinned from ear to ear as they gave me my presents, a locker with a picture of us when I was born.

Later, Ernie came, and with him was a brand new, light blue jacket. I hugged him before kissing both my mom and dad on the cheeks.

When it was time for bed, my mom tucked me in. She kissed my forehead and whispered "Happy birthday sweetie, mommy loves you." My father came in the room next and wrapped his arms around my mom before dragging her out the room. I wrapped a navy blue blanket around me and rest my head on a fluffy purple pillow before drifting off into a deep sleep.

With imaginary scenarios full of happiness in my head, I finally fell asleep.

***

Edward Cullen's P.O.V.

After getting dressed for dinner, I worked against hope on trying to tame my hair. No matter how much a brushed it and put gel and other products, it stayed in its unruly shape and eventually I gave up and laid on my bed.

"You'll wrinkle you're clothes son," my mother warned as she walked in

I sat up, inwardly rolling my eyes. "Yes mother." I said.

I stayed seated, lost in my thoughts until the doorbell rang. Then I let out a soft groan and got up.

"Hello Tanya, Carmen, Eleazer." I heard my mother say downstairs.

"Hello Esme, Carlsile," Carmen responded.

Carmen and Eleazer had black hair, with an olive tone to their chalky complexions. Tanya had blond hair, but a strawberry tint to her curls. She had paler skin than her parents.

I started walking down the grand staircase and Tanya's face lit up. I mentally rolled my eyes. This was going to be a long night.

***

The deal was made during dinner and the Denali's left soon after. Tanya wasn't too annoying but still was rude and complained that my shoes were too old.

As usual, dinner was amazing. My mom could make cockroaches taste good! She was a famous chef after all.

I went to sleep early that night, really tired from having to put up with Tanya.