Chapter 6- Answered

Sorry it has taken me so long to update. I hope you enjoy it and please let me know what you think and what you would like me to improve on. Thank you for reading :)

***********************************************************************************************************************

Rudy waited for Rebekah, patiently, outside of her office. Through the glass window, he saw Drew Collins mildly explaining something in a calm manner. From her relaxed, go with the flow appearance, he knew what she was doing. He was far from earshot behind the closed door, but he could hear the reason in her voice. He saw Rebekah nod her head in agreement. Whatever it was he knew she was probably right in her reasoning. She had good judgment and she would be looking out for someone’s best interest, predictably Sara’s.

Finally, he saw Rebekah rise from her chair to let him in.

“Hi, Sherriff.”

“Hi ladies, is Sara ready?”

“That’s what I would like to talk to you about.”

Expectantly he nodded and continued to stand rather than be seated.

“Is she not ready?” He directed his question more towards Drew. He knew she was known as a columnist in Ronaline, but his gut feeling said she wasn’t before.

“She’s not.”

“Fine, tomorrow then?”

“I’ll let you know.” Drew followed him out the door.

“Can I talk to you privately, Rudy?” She said quietly.

He continued to walk along. “Yes.”

A few nurses bustled around them. They casually stepped to the side and waited for them to get out of earshot.

Rudy turned towards Drew and propped himself up against the wall.

“What do you know about Raleigh Smith?” She asked directly.

Rudy gave her a curious look. He liked Drew. He wanted to tell her.

“Come on, you know I’m not a leaky hose that will spew this out everywhere. Who is he?” She asked with a hint of anger.

Rudy scanned the empty hallways. “He’s a bastard, is what he is. The government has been trying to bust him for a while.”

“For what?” she pushed.

He leaned in closer. “Smuggling drugs into the states. He’s filthy rich and his lawyer has gotten him out of everything. He’s powerful.”

“What do you mean by that?”

“Drew, we have been keeping a very close watch on you and Sara. He’s threatening. He has sources and people that will do anything for him at the snap of his fingers.”