Chapter 10-Answered

I hope you enjoy this chapter, I would love to hear your feedback. Thank you for reading!

*****************************************************************************************************

Russell Den and Johnny Whitman had privately planned a meeting, four o’clock sharp in the morning. Den was growing impatient as each minute ticked by. He was supposed to arrive twenty minutes ago. Their plan was to meet fifty miles west of Ronaline’s boundaries on the bank of Sherry’s lake. Den drummed his fingers on the steering wheel, his eyes and ears alert for Whitman.

Forty-five minutes later, Johnny pulled up and slid into the passenger seat of Den’s passenger door.

“What took you so long?” He growled as he got comfortable.

“I got caught up man. Chill.”

Russell smirked. “Do not tell me to chill. Did you really do that? Are you that big of a dumb ass?” he snapped.

Johnny gave him a confused look. Russell punched his steering wheel. “They have your DNA now hot shot!”

Johnny’s lips formed into a shape of an o. “How did they find out?”

“They swabbed her mouth! At least tell me you wore your mask before going into her room.”

Russell’s head exploded. “You have got to be kidding me! Didn’t you meet her? She knows who you are!” He let a stream of cuss words flow from his mouth.

Johnny watched as he made a fool out of his self. A vein popped out of his neck and his face was beet red as he ranted and swore.

“Calm down midget. She is scared to death of me. Always has been.”

“Excuse me?” Russell sneered. He was sensitive about his height. Kids teased the hell out of him about being short.

Johnny shrugged. “So do you want to hear what’s up or are you going to keep getting all offensive?”

“Get out of my car.” Russell snapped. “Looks like all you did was scare her and jeopardize everyone. Hope you got some fun out of it.” He mocked.

“F**k you, Russell. You’re such slime.”

“Get out!” He yelled as loud as he could. His anger grew to another level when it didn’t faze Johnny.

“I will. But since Raleigh is my pal, I’m giving you this information for him. Sara is at Drew’s residence with security all around her. Well Drew is a psychologist and will probably get her talking. We need to take her out. Have a fine day.”

Den acted like his valuable information was more useless than fake diamonds.

Whitman sped off, racing to get out of town and settled into another hotel. He was a loner, going state to state, sometimes out of the country. He knew money would be wired into his account after his job. Raleigh always paid him good. He decided not to give Sara a second thought. That girl was scared out of her mind and wouldn’t spit anything out. If only they took out Drew. Problem solved.