Chapter 7

"It was a totally normal morning in the Casablanca household, I had just gotten up for breakfast and then suddenly this huge bird came and-"

I zoned out from Julian's pointless story. He was on about some huge bird or something, I don't even know anymore, I've lost track. Since the tryouts (a mere half an hour ago, might I add) ended we've been inseparable. Well, okay he's been following me around...I don't know if that counts. Julian kept finding excuses to follow me. I kept telling him following random people around against there will is sometimes considered stalking, even if I do enjoy his company. He just denied everything.

"She's not even listening. I could say anything I wanted and she wouldn't hear me." I zoned back in to real life, and heard a chorus of chuckles. I looked around to see not only Julian, but Mave, Scarlet and another guy I didn't know. 

"What?" I blurted before I could come up with anything better to say. 

"She's alive!" Julian cried, mocking extreme happiness. A chorus of 'ssshhhh's echoed throughout the A barn, all directed all at Julian. While he just shot a majority of them annoyed looks. 

Mave, Scarlet, Brunette and I could barely contain our laughter. Mave was using the wall as support, and so was Random Brunette Guy. Scarlet was bent over with tears in her eyes, and I clutched my stomach. I hadn't laughed like this in so long. 

"What?" Julian asked, his faced masked with confusion. No one answered him, we were all busy laughing. 

Slowly though, the laughter died down and we were left with the occasional giggle.

"Um, who's that?" I whispered to Mave under my breath, and nodded my head to Random Brunette Guy.

"Oh my god! I totally forgot to introduce you! Fable this Carter Williams. Carter this Fable Grande. Carter's in eleventh grade, with us and you both tried out for the Advanced team."

I looked over at Carter. He had short brown hair and wore a backwards navy Woodbridge baseball cap. Carter had dark brown eyes and adorable dimples. 

"Nice to meet you." I said with a smile.

"You too." He grinned cooly.

"Did you bring a horse here?" I asked curiously. I felt like I knew him from somewhere, Carter Williams rang a bell.

"Yeah, my horse Capri. Come on." He nodded for us to follow him down the ile. 

He stopped at the head of a huge, handsome grey. 

"I bought him last year, and have been showing him in the meter thirties for most of the summer. He's been a saint." He said with a grin, giving the horse a pat.

"He looks really familiar." I mentioned, giving his nose a scratch. 

"Yeah probably, we go to all the same shows as you." 

I blushed, feeling embarrassed. "Oh, sorry...I, uh, I haven't noticed you..." 

"So," I gulped, attempting to start a better conversation. "How do you think your rides went today?" I angled the question to Mave, Scarlet, and Carter.

"-Fantastic. Flawless really." I winced at the words neither spoken from Scarlet, Carter nor Mave. I slowly turned around and faced the one and only: Ivy Greyson.

She still wore her helmet. Her long, mid-back, chocolate colored hair fell in soft waves underneath it. She wore a cranberry colored polo which accentuated her tanned skin tone, and her reddish tinted eyes and hair. Ivy Greyson also wore an expensive pair of beige jodhpurs, and a black belt to go with her field boots (that were still remarkably clean and shiny). To top off the look, on her lips she wore her signature, cold-ass smile.