62

Chapter 62: Being Bad Never Felt So Good

{D. K}

        The oldest vampire in the room received much attention when she rose from her seat, making her way to the library doors without a single word. "Where are you going?"

        "You can't leave," Elena continued, finishin Caroline's thoughts. "—were compelled."

        Dakota stopped walking momentarily, she stole a glance at the teenagers stuck at the table as a result of the mind control. Right now, they all seemed to be relieved to be talking about anything but Elena and Damon's new relationship. "No, you're compelled. Rebekah never told me that I had to stay."

         "You can't leave us." Caroline complained.

         Dakota dared look at the blonde that seemed to be the root of a lot of her problems lately, and it took a lot in her not to use her heightened speed to snap her neck. Not enough to permanently exterminate her, but enough to relieve some stress. "Rebekah's compulsion is simply a mind game. All you have to do is win, I can't help you do that."

           "So you're just going to leave us here? That proves to us that your no better than them, you're a bad guy just like them." 

           A sadistic smile formed on Dakota's face, morph on it into something evil and twisted. "I never said I wasn't."

          "What's a beautiful woman, such as yourself doing all alone at a bar?"

           A groan escaped Dakota's lips, a grimace forming as he sat in the stool beside her. "Kol, I see you found your way back."

           "You call, I come."

           "You're late."

           "Got a bit caught up, darling." He dismissed quickly. "Why did you call me anyway?"

           The woman lifted he glass she was holding in her hands, tipping it back and allowing he golden liquid to slide down her throat, creating a dull burn as it went. "Klaus and I broke up."

           "Would you like to talk about whatever it is hat my idiot brother did to hurt you?"

           "No," Dakota dropped a ten dollar bill on the table, deciding she didn't want to get drunk, one drink was enough if she was going to be around Kol. She knew alcohol would ruin her judgement and she didn't have any room for mistakes now that Kol was here. " —I actually called you here because I want the cure, and I need your help getting it."

           Kol stared blankly at Dakota, fear illuminating a spark in his brown eyes. In an instant, he had grabbed her and led the way out of the bar, not letting go of the firm grip on her arm until hey we're both in his car, and away from prying ears. "You can't," He says. "—you cannot awaken, Silas. He will kill us all."