26

edited chapter

edited chapter

Chapter 26: Vampire-napping

{K. M}

      "I'm going to kill him. I'm going to bloody kill him." Klaus shouts while pacing across the room.

      Dakota sat back, watching him grow angrier and angrier. "Would you like to tell me who and why? Just so we're on the same page."

      "Stefan Salvatore. I did him a kindness by setting him free of my compulsion, and how does he thank me? By stealing my coffins."

      "How did he even know where they were?"

      Klaus rolled his blue eyes, typing away at his phone, placing it to his ear, sighing and repeating the process. "Rebekah no doubt, who just so happens to be avoiding my calls."

     Dakota sucks in a deep breath and stand up from her place on her comfortable leather couch. "So, what do we do now?"

     "I have my hybrids watching them, Tony said Damon and Elena was at The Grill. So, do you care for a drink?"

     She looked around her house, not seeing much else for her to do. "I've never been much of a day drunk, but I have a feeling I'm going to get used to it if we're going to stay in this quaint little town."

     "Are we going to sit here and watch Damon and Elena flirt, because there isn't enough alcohol in the world for me to stay here and endure that."

     Dakota stood up, her mind set on the bar. "Grab me one too, will you love?"

     She nodded, walking over to the bartender and ordering the drinks. Klaus stayed sitting at the table, watching Damon and Elena grow comfortable with one another. "Don't mind me."

      The doppelgänger spun around at the sound of his voice, subconsciously moving to stand behind Damon. "Klaus."

      "You're going to do this at The Grill?" Damon asked flabbergasted, his striking blue eyes darting around to see if anyone was looking, which they weren't. "In front of everyone? It's a little beneath you, don't you think?"

      "I don't know what you're talking about. I just came down to my local pub to snag a drink with my girl."

      Just then, Dakota returned with two beers and a bottle of bourbon. "Blondie up there gave me this, said it was on the house."

      "Was that before or after compulsion?" Elena sneered.

      "I didn't compel her dopplebitch, she just couldn't help but fall for my innocent girl persona. I have to say, my puppy dog eyes are much better than yours will ever be."

      Damon smirked though he was jittery around Dakota ever since he had accident staked her. "Surprised you stayed around so long."

      "I wouldn't have, but my sister seems to be missing. I need to sort that out."

      Looking dead at Elena, Dakota raised a brow. "You wouldn't happen to know anything about that, would you?"

      "No."

      Dakota didn't need to hear her heartbeat to know she was lying. "Liar." She mouthed discretely. "Where's Stefan? Usually it's hard to get you alone and without your boy toy. But I see you have a replacement."

      Damon sent a quick glance Elena's way. "Stefan skipped town after Klaus freed him of his compulsion."

      "He tell you why?"

      "No."

      Klaus took two darts from Damon's hand, and moved past him to face the dartboard. "That's a shame. Your brother stole from me. I need him found so I can take back what's mine."

      "That sounds like a Stefan and Klaus problem." Elena remarked, her brown eyes burning holes into Klaus' back.

       The Original smiles, shooting the dart and getting a bullseye with ease before striding closer to Elena. "Well consider this me broadening the scope."

Hours passed, and Klaus left Dakota on her own at his newly purchased home, while he visited the Salvatore estate. "Thank you for coming." Elena stood to the side, letting Klaus into the home.

"I trust that you have news on Stefan's whereabouts."

Elena sighed, shutting the door behind her. "I couldn't find him, but I have something else."

Klaus followed Elena downstairs, growing cautious as she opened a cellar. On the dusty ground was a daggered Rebekah on her belly, still wearing her red dress that was intended to be worn for the party the previous night. "My poor sister, can't let her alone for a second."

"You have Rebekah. A deal is a deal." She bargained, remembering how Klaus had sent a hybrid to run Jeremy over but Alaric pushed him out of the way, landing him a hospital visit after the ring didn't do its job properly.

"The life of my sister, for your brother. Alright."

"You should know," Elena started, pushing her long brown hair behind her ear. "—I was the one that daggered her. So, when she wakes up she'll come after me."

"I'll put Dakota on Rebekah duty."

"But Dakota hates me, with my luck she'll let Rebekah come kill me, and she'll help."

Klaus nearly laughed at the blatant panic on the doppelgängers face. "Then I suggest you find Stefan, and be hasty about returning my coffins."

      "I told you, I don't know where he is."

      Klaus slowly started pulling the dagger from Rebekah's back. "You're lying. Fortunately, you have an endless supply of loved ones that I can reach out to. The real question is, who's going to die next?" The hybrid stood up slowly, twiddling the dagger between his fingers. "Bonnie? Caroline? Damon? There's only a matter of time before Stefan gives me what I want."

       "Stefan's different how, he doesn't care about anything other than revenge."

       "Sometimes when a vampire constantly thinks about revenge, he begins to seek it. Those kind of emotions take over, and it's quite tricky to steer him from that path. So get to working on it."

       "How am I supposed to do that?" Elena snaps.

       Klaus picked up Rebekah, carrying her bridal style. "You're a Petrova, wether you like to admit it or not. You look like Katerina, I'm sure you can act like her too."

Merry Christmas guys, I hope yours is better than mine. My mom lost my gifts and somehow didn't loose a single one of my siblings'. It sucks and I'm not really feeling the Christmas season this year. But I hope you all have an amazing day!

Love you all and don't be a Ho Ho Ho. 😜