17

edited chapter

edited chapter

Chapter 17: It's Rebekah Bitch

{D. K}

Time passed, and soon when Klaus and Dakota returned to the storage room, the compelled storage guard laid there on the ground, blood absent from his body. "Where'd she go?"

"Little sister," Klaus sing-songed, a smile growing on his handsome face. "Come out, come out wherever you are."

Out of nowhere, a blonde threw Klaus into a wall, a dagger being shoved deeply into his chest. The hybrid gasped at the unexpected feeling before pulling the dagger out and letting it drop carelessly to the ground. "You didn't think that would actually kill me, did you?"

The blonde glared at him, her blue eyes stabbing him repeatedly, meaning to kill. "No," Her thick accent was similar to Klaus', but more fierce. "—but I hoped it would hurt more."

Dakota let out a light chuckle, drawing attention to herself. "Oh, I like her."

Rebekah stiffened at the sight of the petite brunette, just realizing her presence. "And who might you be?"

"Dakota King. Vampire. Hybrids accomplice."

The slightest smile tugged on the blondes face. "Rebekah Mikaelson. Original vampire. Hybrids sister. Pleasure to meet you."

Klaus watched gleefully as his sister and Dakota made nice with one another. "Rebekah, I need a favor. My hybrids won't turn, and my favorite witch told me that you could help. Do you have anything connected to the Original witch?"

Rebekah's hand subconsciously reached up to touch her neck, seeming to look for something that wasn't there. "Where's my necklace?"

"I don't know Rebekah, but I have more important things to talk about rather than your stupid necklace."

Instead of growing angry at Klaus' rude comment, she ran over to her coffin, looking desperately around for the said necklace. "Where is it Nik?"

Sensing her urgency, Klaus tensed significantly. "Tell me that's not what she needs." Rebekah didn't answer and Dakota stepped back slightly, not wanting to be the person Klaus took his anger out on. "Tell me that's not what I need!"

"If you hadn't put me in the damned coffin, maybe I'd still have it Nik."

Not wanting to be apart of their petty family drama, Dakota cautiously spoke, staying close enough to a door so that she could make a clean escape without being harmed too much. "Maybe she's good enough." The siblings silenced, giving Dakota the time of day. "She did wear the thing for a while, I'm assuming. She's tied to the necklace, therefore Gloria should be able to get a pretty strong connection, it might not be perfect but it'll be something."

"How can you be so sure?"

Dakota wiggled her eyebrows at the hybrid she'd spent the majority of her summer with. "Lots of witchy friends remember? They tell me stuff."

"Like what?" Rebekah curiously quizzes, trying to dig deeper into the vampire that her older brother was so obviously smitten with.

The brunette looked Rebekah up and down, stopping at the very obvious change in clothing that the two acquired over time. "Like you need clothes. This is the twenty-first century and we don't need the added attention. I have spare clothes in the car that'll fit you. Klaus and I will take you shopping tomorrow."

"Are we, now?" Dakota shifted her gaze to Klaus.

"Yes, we are." Without another word, Dakota walked out of the storage room, making her way to the car that was just outside of it. Rebekah followed after sending her brother an approving look.

"So, are you aware that my brother fancy's you? He wouldn't let just anyone speak to him with such disrespect."

Dakota scoffed. "If I didn't, who else would get your brother off of his incredibly high horse. And to answer your question, yes, I'm aware that he "fancies" me. He's made a bit of a game of it."

"Are you sure?"

The brunette snuck a glance at the vampire, opening her duffle bag and pulling ou articles of clothing. "Yeah, he's been at it all summer. Why?"

Taking the clothes that she would be wearing temporarily, Rebekah only sighs. "Nothing, just making sure you know that you're the only one still playing."

Klaus had taking the drive back to Gloria's, Dakota sitting shotgun beside him, both of their arms touching on the arm rest between them. He made the first move to hold her hand and surprisingly she didn't object. Maybe it was because she missed the warmth from another person that wasn't just their hot, sticky blood dripping down her face.

"The two of you are disgusting." Rebekah stared enviously at their hands.

No one regarded the younger Original, they walked up the sideway into Gloria's bar. "Rebekah, long time no see."

"I suppose the witch life is treating you well, seeing as you should very well be dead."

"I'll receive my consequences. Until then, do you have the necklace?"

Dakota stepped into the bar, putting a drink in her hand. "I was hoping that you could pick up on it since she wore it for so long."

"That'll be harder, and it'll take a bit longer for me to find the exact location. I hope you have time."

Klaus walked over to the bar, gesturing at Dakota to make him a drink. "Take all the time you need."

Dakota glanced over at the window, taking in the sight of Damon who was smirking at her, his striking blue eyes gesturing for her to come out. Thinking quick, she pretends to stumble and spill a bit of the drink on her shirt. "I'll be right back. I need to get a new shirt."

Dakota gets outside, leading Damon to the car. "You just love it, don't you? Endangering yourself whenever I try to save your life."

"It's my favorite pass time."

"Well change it, because Klaus is seconds away from finding out that dopplebitch over there," Dakota pointed to Damon's car that Elena was clearly sitting in. "—isn't looking very dead. He's going to be furious knowing she's the reason why he can't make his precious hybrids."

Sitting with Elena, Stefan was in the back seat listening in to the conversation. "Give me a second to distract Klaus. Stefan has something to tell you, and right after, I'll leave. I promise."

Dakota didn't believe him, not one bit, but she agreed anyway. "Fine, please stay alive." Quickly, she rushed into Damon's car. "Make it quick."

"Your brother isn't dead."