Chapter 8

Chapter 8

I. Can't. Feel. My. Fingertips.

I flopped down on the sofa, and immediately took off my shoes. Have they grown bigger? I started to rub them, when suddenly someone cleared their throat. I turned my head to see a couple of ladies, staring at me as though I had two heads. I gave them a nod of acknowledgment.

I blushed when they continued to stare, "What are you looking at? Have you never rubbed your feet before?" They shook their heads no, and I smirked,

"Well, stop staring like I'm an alien or something." The blonde one, with gray eyes scoffed. She looked down on me. She was wearing a pencil skirt. With a button down, striped shirt.

"You must be new. Do you know who you're talking to?" She turned to the other girl, who was a brunette, "Does she know who she's talking to?" I just calmly sat there. Was I suppose to know her? Last time I checked, she wasn't famous.

"Obviously not." The brunette said in a slightly nasally voice. Great. It's high school all over again. I sat there, with an emotionless expression on my face. It's okay, Jamie. Don't stoop to their level. You have a child now. Most likely twins.

"Well, new girl. I'm the Vice Presidents Personal assistant." Okay? Is that suppose to impress me.

"Should I care?" I asked, and she turned red with anger. I smirked,

"Yes." She snapped, "The VP and I are close. Really close. So, if you get on my bad side. I can get you fired." She said, raising her head high. It doesn't take a genius to figure out her and the VP are sleeping with each other. Well, I guess technically I'm sleeping with the boss. And, also technically I'm the boss.

I opened my mouth, ready to say something back when I saw dad walk in. He noticed me and walked over. Chris was right behind him. I didn't miss the way, the two bitches eyed my man. They're eyes widened when they noticed my dad. The boss.

"Mr. Epson." They both said simultaneously. The blonde girl smirked at me. Dad walked over, and hugged me. I hugged him back. I smirked when the blonde girl gasped. Dad pulled back,

"Where were you? We've been looking for you. Can't have a pregnant women walking around on her own." I rolled my eyes, as Chris nodded in agreement. I sighed,

"I was taking a break. My fingers hurt. And, all I did was look through a bunch of files. For three hours straight. You were right dad. Work is exhausting. And, look. I think I even got a paper cut." I said, showing Chris my paper cut. He chuckled grabbing my hand. He kissed the back of it,

"Wow. And, I just sat through three meetings. Worked on a bunch of paperwork. And, met a few people. I guess we're even." He said sarcastically. I rolled my eyes, as dad chuckled. Dad remembered that we weren't alone, and turned to the other two girls.

His face showed recognition, "Oh, you're the VP's personal assistant, right?" The blonde girl nodded, "Well, this is my daughter Jamie. And, her husband Chris. You might want to stay on their good sides, because they're gonna be the new bosses soon." Dad joked, but the blonde girl paled.

I grabbed my shoes, and gave them to Chris. He gave me an amused grin. Dad turned to me, "So, I guess it's lunch break time. I know a great place, Finley's." I raised an eyebrow,

"Finley's?" I questioned. Dad nodded, and basically dragged Chris and I out of the door. Chris grabbed my hand, and we walked behind dad. Who was leading the way.

"Best cheese burgers in the state. And, I'm really in the mood for a cheese burger." I rolled my eyes at my dad.

"Well you better be careful with those cheeseburgers and fries. I do not want to attend a funeral, pregnant." We reached the elevator. There were a few people inside, they all greeted us.