Drive It Like You Stole It

"Piss off!" I shouted, throwing a pillow against the door. I rolled over and bundled beneath the covers, hoping that whoever it was would just leave without question. But of course, today just wasn't my day.

"Stella, come on and open tha fuck! You can either let us in or we'll go get a spare key; your choice!"

Fuckers.

I groaned in exasperation and hauled myself out of the bed, waddling towards the door with the covers draped around my shoulders like a cloak. The door swung open and Ross and Josh instinctively jumped back, Josh grinning at me like a Cheshire cat when he caught sight of me all rolled up like a burrito. I didn't even feel arsed enough to pretend to be embarrassed.

"Good morning, love" Josh said, although I'm pretty sure he'd really wanted to say 'finally...' I let my eyes wander lazily over his bare chest, my eyes widening slightly once I took in the towel hanging loosely from his waist. If that wanker had interrupted my wallowing in self-pity session just so he could take a shower in my room, I was going to kill him.

"Hope you don't mind. Pete's already taken over the shower in our room and well, he can get pretty occupied in there... if you know what I mean."

I cringed in disgust and stood aside to let Josh past, purely just to get him to shut up. He whistled happily as he whipped the towel from his waist and threw it on my bed, leaving his bare arse hanging out for the whole world to see. I shouted a string of profanities at him as he strolled into the loo, while Ross wolf whistled enthusiastically. I glared at him before stalking back to the bed and throwing myself face down onto the mattress. Boys; I can't fucking cope with any of them...

I borrowed my head face first into my pillow, ignoring Ross as he began to shuffle awkwardly around the room. He eventually decided to perch at the end of the bed, allowing complete silence to envelope us together. I couldn't bare it; being in the same room as him was like being in the same room as the sun. I thought I was going to combust with the pain of holding off, of gripping my arms tightly around myself to avoid wrapping them around him.

Again. I want to kiss him again.

"I'm sorry" I mumbled, my pathetic apology being muffled by the pillow. It was probably the only one to hear it.

"What?" Ross asked. He leant back slightly, supporting his weight on his elbows and coming threateningly close to me. If he came any closer, I'd probably go and ruin it all by kissing him. I twisted my head to the side and glanced up at him, taking a quick moment to indulge myself when I realised he was looking upwards. A stray eyelash clung to his cheek and I poked it off with the ball of my pinkie, extending it out to him so he could make a wish. He blew gently on my finger and a shiver coursed its way down my spine.

"I should never have kissed you," I mumbled. I figured he hadn't heard me as he slipped his fingers through mine, knotting them together and letting them fall to his lap.

"Why? Was it that bad?"

I froze in surprise at Ross's eventual reply and silently cursed myself when I accidentally caught his gaze. His maroon eyes bore into mine, confused and curious, but definitely not hurt.

"I lied to you," I whispered, my heart pounding painfully in my chest. "About Calum. We never actually broke up. He, um, he cheated on me... I think. I don't know, I just, it... Ross, it hurts! I'm so fucking hurt!"

He shifted slightly so that we were level with each other, clutching my hand even tighter in both of his. He awkwardly cleared his throat as he searched for the right words to say. I heard the shower turn off and the ticking of the clock hanging above the TV instantly became louder, reminding me that I didn't have enough time for this. Cal and Adam would be here in a few hours, and I had no intention of sticking around to see how things panned out.