Chapter 41: I'm Not In The Same Country

Chapter 41:

Zayn had a busy schedule of course and couldn't stay long in Los Angeles. We knew that it would be hard to be a couple under our circumstances, but we agreed to keep it on a down low for now at least. Zayn left the day afterwards, after staying the night at my flat. We had spent the majority of the night snuggled under a blanket on the sofa, watching whatever was on the TV. 

Then through the night, I stayed curled up into a ball next to him, never wanting to leave the warmth of his arms around me. All good things come to an end because in the morning, he woke me up gently, placing soft kisses near my ear. 

It was around nine in the morning when he parted from me, telling me that he would see me as soon as he could. We embraced for a long time, just staying in each other's arms like that. One day wasn't enough though. He was gone before I knew it, and I couldn't help but feel really depressed and upset. 

I should be happy though. I had him back in my life and I was in his. I should be all happiness and butterflies and unicorns, but I wasn't. Maybe it was the realization that we were countries apart. It was the realization that we currently lived in different countries that scared me. I loved my job though and he loved his. Mine was in LA and his was in London. We'd have to travel so much just to see each other in person.

I could move back to London, but it was in my contract that I had to do at least three seasons of the show since I was the main character. They had planned this a while ago and of course at the time, I wasn't thinking about the possibility that I would have a long distance relationship. 

This meant that I would be staying in LA for another two years at least, unless they decided to move locations. The possibility of them changing locations all the way to London was scarce so I was stuck here in another country.

Then Zayn...being in One Direction meant having tours, but his home was England. Maybe he'd record the next album in LA, but then there were the other boys to think about. He wasn't solo- he had a whole group to think about as well.

I never thought about how hard it'd be for the both of us. At the time, I guess we both were too happy to think about the problems that we were going to face. 

At least I didn't have work today. There was no way I could go to work and act like nothing happened the night before. I was still thinking about how Zayn held me close to his body during the night. It had been so long- too long. 

Time had passed by so quickly. It had been a year or so since I first met Zayn- since I was thrown into a whirlwind of drama.

Since I first met the person that I truly loved.

If you had asked me two years ago what I think would happen to me later on, I'd probably say that I'd be still at home and maybe even applying for college. I would've never guessed that I'd be dating Zayn Malik and working as an actress in another country. 

This only happened to the people in books and to the people were just lucky in life. I was never lucky- like seriously never. After all, my sister was Perrie Edwards and always better than I was. Always. 

So being the lesser twin, you could see how I would never think anything really life changing would ever happen to me. It just didn't happen.

It was noon now and time for lunch. There wasn't any food left in the flat so I decided that my day off would be a good day to eat out and actually go grocery shopping. I had no excuses not to today. I had to stop being so lazy and putting off things that I needed to do. I couldn't live off of pizza and Chinese takeout for the rest of my life...

Well...

I tugged a plain light blue shirt over my head and put on a pair of white shorts, then grabbing my converses that were extremely worn down and probably needed to be replaced. Oh well. I applied as little makeup as needed and pulled back my hair into a neat ponytail before I decided that it was okay for just a short day out. At least I didn't look horrible- that wasn't what I wanted to have in the magazines.