Chapter 17: I'm Not In Denial

Chapter 17:  

It wasn't like I wanted to sneak out of the house at three in the morning. It was just the fact that my parents wouldn't understand at all why I was leaving home and going back to London. I would have to explain the whole mess I had gotten myself into and I wasn't in the mood or state to explain. At least I left a note.  

So here I was with a large duffel bag in my hand and a backpack on my back ready to go back and face London.  

Because of Perrie, my appearance had to be hidden. My blonde hair was tucked away behind a black hoodie and I had a pair of sunglasses to shield me away when the sun came out.  

I climbed out my window since my room was in the back of the house and crept my way around the house.  

Right in front of my house was the blackmailer herself. She had agreed to drive me back to London, knowing my situation. Danielle wanted me back so badly, she agreed to drive the long hours to and from South Shields.  

That was a great friend right there. But then again, Danielle did blackmail me.  

"I'm glad I'm not the one to tell Zayn then. It wouldn't be right for me to do so." Danielle said as she helped me place my bags in the trunk.  

"Blackmailer." I grumbled.  

"I'm only trying to help, Pen. This is what's best for you. We both know it even if you're in denial." Danielle said. She got into the front seat and started up the engine.  

"This isn't going to end up well Dani. Zayn'll hate me for this." I groaned. "This will ruin my life." 

Danielle scoffed. "It's not like not telling him is any better. You'll be wondering for the rest of your life 'what if I told him' and you'd never know." 

I wanted to deny it. I really did. But she was right no matter how hard I tried to think of a great comeback. "He'll hate me and he'll never want to see my face again." 

"It wasn't like you were ever going to see his face again if you kept to yourself now would you?" Danielle rose an eyebrow.  

"Just drive." I crossed my arms over my chest and looked out the window.  

***  

We arrived at Danielle' flat around eight thirty in the morning. We had taken short rest stops and had stopped for coffee right before we came back to her flat.  

The coffee was for our energy boost since we both felt like zombies. We had been up the whole night and we were feeling the effects of lack of sleep. It wasn't pretty. 

"I feel terrible." Danielle said and she took another sip of her coffee. "I'm so tired." 

"If you didn't blackmail me, we wouldn't be in this mess." I pointed out.  

"It'll be worth it when you and Zayn live happily ever after." Danielle smirked and drained the rest of her coffee cup.  

"You don't know what you're taking about." I huffed.  

"Hun, I know exactly what I'm talking about." She rolled her eyes and got up to throw away her coffee cup.  

I took the moment to scan her flat. I was currently sat in her living room where she had a couch, L-shaped, in front of a large flat screen TV. There was a coffee table laid out in front of the couch with a few magazines sat atop the glass surface. On the walls of her flat were framed pictures. Most of them were of her and Liam from years ago when their relationship first started. There were some of her family as well as a few of her and Eleanor. There were a few with her friends whom I did not recognize, but I spotted one with her and a dog.