What is going on?

Chapter 4

(What is going on?)

Larissa blinked a few times before her eyes completely opened. The sight above her told her she was not in her hotel room. White see-through material covered the canopy bed she lay on. Slowly, the blonde woman sat up and looked over her surroundings. Her eyes widened as she realized she was in an enormous bedroom.

Pulling back the gold and crème colored satin comforter, she slipped out of bed. Feeling a cool floor, she looked down to see gold marble with cream color running through it. Larissa also became aware she was no longer wearing shoes. A glance at her body revealed she now wore a pale purple long silk nightgown.

“How?” she asked confused. Her green eyes soon fell on a large window more than fifteen feet away. Slowly, she walked toward the window. White and gold curtains were pulled back. She gasped as she looked outside to see thousands of flowers, as well as a stream. The sight was breathtaking.

“Where am I?”

“Rosina.” The blonde girl jumped and turned to see a young woman who looked to be a about 16 years old. She had shoulder length red, curly hair and was looking at her with adoring eyes.

“I’m sorry. What?” Larissa asked, not hiding her confusion.

The girl smiled at her. “I understand things are a little confusing for you. I shall help you prepare

for the day and then things shall be explained. Please, come with me.”

Hesitantly, she followed the redhead into another room. Larissa was amazed to find herself in a bathroom fit for royalty. The red-haired girl drew her a bubble bath. She felt a little weird at the girl undressing her before getting into the tub, but let it go. Everything was so strange to her. The thought she must be dreaming crossed Larissa’s mind but was dismissed when she realized how real everything felt.

“What is your name?” Larissa asked as the girl washed her hair.

“You would want my name?” The red-haired girl asked as she stopped amazed.

“It would be nice,” the blonde woman said.

“Have I displeased you? If I have offended you I…”

“No! I’m not mad at you.” Larissa turned and looked to see the girl’s face had lost its smile and almost looked fearful. “Why would you think I was mad at you?”

The girl bit her lip for a moment before saying, “I’m but a mere servant, my Lady.”

“You’re a person,” Larissa replied. “I would prefer to address you by your name.” She was surprised as she saw the redhead’s eyes water. “Is it wrong to ask your name here?”

“No, my Lady,” She said with a soft voice. “Royalty does not normally take the time with such a low servant.”