Fae Moon Kiss

Chapter 3

(Fae Moon Kiss)

Larissa could barely contain her excitement as the charter bus pulled up to the airport. She was going to Ireland. Of course she had no way of knowing her new friends were the reason she was going.

Violet and Nina had used magic to not only put the idea in the mythology teacher’s head, but for the university to easily agree to the student field trip.

“We’re going to Ireland! We’re going to Ireland!” Tiffany sung happily.

The two Fae women looked at each other less than excited. While the royal family would be pleased they had gotten the girl to Ireland, they knew the prince would not be happy about Tiffany and Mandy being present as well. Although Rowan could not take his Fae form in the mortal realm, he could communicate with both Fae women.

Violet and Nina had arrived on Samhain which was the only reason they could be in their Fae forms and use a glamour spell to make themselves appear human. Rowan was not in the mortal realm before the strike of midnight and was in turn confined to his animal form in the mortal world.

“Larissa!” Mandy shrieked.

Nina groaned at the blond woman’s shrieking of the future queen’s name yet again. She looked at Violet and quietly said, “I will not miss that.” Violet gave a single nod.

“Violet, Nina,” Larissa called without shrieking. The Fae women didn’t hesitate and went to the girl that would wed their prince.

The students walked through the airport and after checking in and going through customs made their way to the airplane gate.

As they sat at the gate waiting, even Larissa began to get annoyed at Mandy and Tiffany who seemed to be speaking a mile a minute and shrieking most of the time.

“Whaaaaa!” Larissa looked over to see a little girl on the ground crying. “Mommy!” the child screamed. Upon looking around and not seeing anyone, the college student got up and went over to the fallen child. “Mommy!” the child wailed again.

The blonde woman looked around but saw no sign of the little girl’s mother. Larissa bit the inside of her lip. It seemed as the child had not only fallen but also been separated from her mother.

Being a sucker for kids she immediately decided to help and carefully approached the screaming child. She kept her movements slow and non-threatening. The last thing she wanted to do was scare the child more.

She got down on her knee next to the child. The child sniffled and still cried but the screaming subsided a bit. “Looks like you hurt your knee sweetie. Can I take a look?” The girl that appeared to be about four nodded and removed her hand that had been covering her kneecap.

The knee was red and bruised but at least not bleeding. “Yeah looks like the floor needs to be punished for hurting you. Should we scold the floor for hurting such a pretty girl?” The girl’s red pigtails bobbed as she nodded with a giggle.

Larissa took her hand and lightly smacked the floor. “Bad Floor!” She scolded. The little girl laughed before suddenly lunging into the blonde woman’s arms.

“Mommy gone,” she said through tearful brown eyes.

“We’ll find your mommy. Don’t you worry,” Larissa assured the young girl. “I’m Larissa, what’s your name?”

“Kimi.”

Larissa smiled knowing Kimi was probably what her parents called her. “Is Kimi short for Kimberly?” The small girl nodded. “Do you see that desk over there? Where the two ladies in uniform are?” The redhead nodded. “Will you go with me over there so we can have them call your mom?” Again the girl nodded.