Chapter 14

I am so sorry!! I really meant to upload sooner, but this year was a lot more drama, and work filled that I thought I was gonna be!!

Thank you to those who stuck with my books!! It really does mean a lot to me!

<3333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333

I screamed, “GAAAAAAAAAAAA I KNEW IT!!”  I lunged at him, and landed next to him on the couch.

“When did this happen?”

He looked a little nervous, “Well after you left, she really didn’t have anybody. So sometimes I would sit with her at lunch, and walk her to class, and I don’t know. When she came back to school in 9th grade, I started to see her differently. She hadn’t changed much, but I saw that sparkle in her eyes every time we talked. Her words captivated me, her laugh was amazing. That was when I first figured out I liked her. Over the next few years is when she changed, but my feelings didn’t at all. Last year she went out with a guy for a couple of weeks, and I swear, all I wanted to do was kill him. I just don’t know what to do Selen, she is just so perfect,” he finished off looking at me hopelessly.

I was speechless.

That had to be one of the sweetest things that I have ever heard.

“Wow. That was unbelievable!! That was so sweet you don’t even know!”

We fell into a comfortable silence.

Wow my two best friends like each other. It sounds like a story. Now that I think about it they are perfect for each other. They are nice, strong, independent, and open to other people. They both stuck up for me. They both saw the good in me. They both believed in me. And now, years later from when we first met, they still stuck by my sides. Wow I can’t believe how incredibly selfish I have been, I have never thought about one of them falling in love. I look at me and Austun, and we are so happy. I love him! But I never thought of Rachel and Caleb. They are perfect for each other! How could I not see this!

“So when are you gonna tell her?” I asked getting more comfortable on the couch.

He looked at me as if I just suggested we go rob the white house.

“What do you mean ‘When am I gonna tell her’? I don’t know how I’m gonna ever tell her! I don’t even know if she likes me back! What if I tell her, and she doesn’t like me back and turns me down! I don’t know what I would do!”

“I know what you should do, man up and tell her! What would you rather do; continue living in your fantasy world about it or go for it and have the real thing,” I look him dead in the eye as I ask this.

“I like my fantasy world very much, thank you,”

“Well I don’t so man up!”

“If I do, then you need to help me,” he said turning to me.

“Fine, but we are starting planning now!”

(A/N Their plan is gonna be a secret so we are gonna skip a head)

After an hour we came up with the most perfect way to ask Rachel out. She is gonna freak! I know that she likes him. She doesn’t have to tell me herself, let’s just call it best friend intuition. Our plan is gonna get her to fall in love with him on the spot. And of course he will get all of the credit. When they get together they are gonna be the cutest couple ever! And we can go on double dates!

I look at Caleb over my dining room table, where we had moved to make the plan out. His eyes were brighter that I had seen them in a long time. His face was light up with a smile. He looked so happy.

I owe them so much, this is the least I could do for them.

Speaking of them owing me, why did that that crap even happen in the first place?

Why did Jason decide that I would be a good person to pick on?

Why did he hate me so much?

Why me?

I’m not looking for his acceptance or anything, I just want to know. I wasn’t that different from the other kids, except for my looks. But I could’ve fit in fine if he had let me.

Looking back up at Caleb, I realized the person with all those answers was sitting right in front of me.

“Hey Caleb,” He looked up from the written out plan.

“Yea?”

“Why me? Why did Jason hate me so much?” I asked him.

Many emotions went across his face. Anger, regret, amusement, and an all knowing look. I was very confused as to why he was amused.

“Why?” I asked growing impatient.

“You’re gonna laugh. Or you might hate him even more…” he trailed off. He pause looked out the window than back at me.

“Back then Jason was scared. He was different from the rest of the kids, from his friends, and he needed to feel excepted. By making fun of you, he felt empowered, he felt like everyone loved him. That is what he needed most,” he stopped for a minute.

“I asked him the same question a year after you left. He looked embarrassed and told me that he would tell me later at his house,”

“Later that afternoon we went back to his house. He looked so uncomfortable. It was silent before he murmured something. I could understand so I asked him to repeat it. He look up at me angrily before saying it again, and this time I got it,” Caleb stopped talking at this point and looked down.

I waited.

“What did he say?!” I asked.

Caleb laughed a little. “He wanted to feel accepted because he knew he was gay back then, and thought it was the most terrible thing,”

<3333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333

Hello! 

Again thank you for reading!!!!

<3333