Ten: planning and chaos rising

Emma's P.O.V:

There are times when you try to play cool and end up so drunk you can't remember what happened the night before when you wake up on the floor of a completely stranger's house with other five semi-naked strangers around you and you wished you hadn't had such an amount of alcohol because your head hurts like a bitch.

Well, this for sure isn't one of those times, but it completely relates to what I'm feeling right now.

I woke up at the Animal Clinic not knowing why I was there in the first place. I think the main reason as to why I didn't tell anyone is because my head's in too much pain; like I have a hangover.

From what Isaac was saying and how he kept on asking if I was okay, I only got pieces: Beacon Hill's abandoned bank, Erica and Boyd, Derek did something to my mental bridge with Isaac.

Did he though? How can I know if I can't even remember being anywhere close to Derek? I don't even remember trying to establish a mental bridge with anyone.

I tried to stay with Stiles as much as I could during the research, but he's not stupid: he knows something's wrong even before I knew. Maybe I should ask him what happened that made my head hurt this bad.

I know I'm late the moment the Sheriff opens the door and I'm still lying in bed.

"Emma, time to get to school," he says.

I open my eyes to see him in his uniform.

"I'll wake up Stiles."

"No, I'll do it. You get ready," he orders, pointing at me with his characteristic authority.

"Wait, Sheriff!"

He stops walking and turns around to face me again.

I swallow the knot in my throat as I try to ask him as normal as possible: "Heather?"

He rubs his temple, shaking his head. "Still no clue."

With everything that happened yesterday, I hadn't had time to think about my childhood partner. Where would she go? Why would someone want to take her away?

If I don't get out of bed now, I won't make it to school in time.

I'm sorry, dad; there'll be no time to Skype you today.

My head hurts like I'm being constantly hit with a hammer and it's not a nice feeling. Once I'm showered, dressed and my hair is somehow decent, I walk towards Stiles' room only to find Scott sitting on the same desk chair in the middle of the mess that was our research.

"Where's Stiles?" I say, getting closer to him so I can read the paper he's holding.

"I think Stiles found out how to get into the bank," Scott says, looking at me with hope in his eyes.

When I take a look at the paper, I realize how stupid we were.

"The answer was here the whole time," I say, rolling my eyes.

Of course the Sheriff of Beacon Hills was involved in the robbery. We could have just asked!

"Did you call Derek?" I ask as Scott stands up from his positions and stretches his back.

"I will on our way to school."

Scott excuses himself out of the room. I go downstairs to grab something to eat on our way. Five minutes later Stiles is loudly yelling for us to get into the car along the lovely sound of the horn that sounds ten times louder in my head.