Three: texts and tattoo

Emma's P.O.V:

"Emma, it's time to wake up!" I open my eyes to see Sheriff standing in my door frame.

I whine, my eyes wandering to the bedside table.

"Two minutes before the alarm? Are you serious, man?"

"I'm your dad; don't be late on your first day of school!"

"My dad didn't use to wake me at all," I mumble, closing my eyes for the minute and a half I've got left.

Once I'm ready to get downstairs, I stop by Stiles' room.

"Hey," I say, my smile fading a little as I see him in full concentration. "What are you doing?"

I take a few steps towards him, putting my hands in his shoulders. His breathing stops for one second as he realizes I'm here.

"Oh, hey," he says, clearing his throat. "Morning kiss?" he lazily smiles, turning around to face me.

I lean in and kiss him. His hand cups my face as he pulls me closer and our lips linger in place, three seconds longer than a regular morning kiss.

"I love you," he mumbles, pulling apart. Then, he turns around again, facing his computer screen.

"You look handsome in green," I point out. He laughs.

"Hey, you know how many vehicle collisions last year involved deer?"

I abruptly sit down beside him, taking a closer look at the screen.

"You're doing research without me? I feel betrayed, you know." I pout.

Stiles laughs again. "You looked too peaceful to wake you up."

"Guys, can you just go to school?" Sheriff sighs from the door.

"But that's crossing the road. This one last night came right down the middle," I say as Stiles opens a new tab.

"Okay, I'm going to beg you," Sheriff says, getting into the room.

"Okay, good," Stiles says, shrugging.

"We're impervious to your influence, Sheriff," I innocently say.

"Would you consider a bribe?" he insists.

"You couldn't meet our price," Stiles sarcastically says, not taking his eyes out of the screen.

"Extortion?"

"You got nothing on us, sorry," I say again, smiling at Stiles' dad reaction.

"Yeah."

He takes Stiles' chair and starts to pull it back, until Stiles' fingertips barely touch the keyboard.

"Dad, what are you doing? Dad, what are you doing?" he says, trying to type in until the very last second.

Eventually, he falls down, face colliding with the floor. I look up to meet Sheriff's eyes, silently asking me if he has to do the same with me.

"Uh," I stutter, slowly standing up. "I'm just gonna...yeah, make some coffee."

"It's done, just get into your car and go to school."

"Thanks, dad," I quickly hug him. "Stiles, come on!"

Sheriff's actually really good making coffee. I wonder why he makes me do it every day.

"You think there's seriously something going on?" I ask Stiles, offering a sip of the coffee.

"I don't know. After all, one time is just a fact. But it's still weird."

"Yeah," I trail off. "Just don't overthink it just yet."