Nine: the internet and chaos rising

Stiles' P.O.V:

Isaac is the first one to wake up after a few minutes of being unconscious and us trying to understand what the Alphas are trying to do with our friends.

He doesn't remember much and he definitely doesn't remember admitting that Erica is dead.

"Beacon Hill's first national bank," he says. "There's a vault and they're keeping them inside."

Everyone looks at him, no words are spoken. Isaac quickly understands something's wrong.

"What?" he asks me, looking from Emma to me.

I pull Emma closer to my chest as I speak. "You don't remember what you said right before you passed out, do you?"

"What happened?" His eyes are still on Emma.

"You said that when they found you, they dragged you to a room and there was a body."

"What body?" Isaac asks after kicking in the new information.

I sigh. "Erica. You said it was Erica."

Isaac doesn't say anything about Erica: he doesn't want to believe it.

"What happened to Emma? Is she okay?"

I glance at Derek and Isaac follows my eyes.

"She's okay."

I want to tell a few things to Derek, but Emma wakes up. Sometimes Derek has timing on his side.

"What happened?"

"Derek interrupted your mental bridge with Isaac," Scott says, helping her to stand up. I follow them, making sure to roll my eyes at Derek one last time.

Emma attempts to remember what happened. "Ah, yeah; that was pretty traumatic, thank you, Derek."

I supress a laugh as I pull her in a hug and kiss her forehead. "At least you're fine."

"Erica's dead," Isaac interrupts our moment, leaning into Deaton's shelves. "I can't believe she's dead."

"She's not dead!" Derek shouts, holding into his last strands of hope.

"Derek, he said that there's a dead body and it's Erica. It doesn't exactly leave much room for interpretation."

Emma nervously moves beside me. I wish I knew what's going on in her mind.

"Then who is in the vault with Boyd?" Derek inquires. Like it's my fault his pack left him behind.

"Someone else, obviously," Emma mutters.

"And maybe it was the girl in the motorcycle. You know... the one who saved you?" Scott says looking at Isaac. He's still wrapped in the towel and if he's cold, he's really good at hiding it.

"No, she wasn't like us," Isaac says. "But the girl in the vault was."

Emma's eyes are on her phone screen. I try to put my mind together: I need priorities.

Priority number one: whatever the reason as to why a bunch of Alphas are keeping Boyd and a stranger werewolf locked in is, we need to get them out of there tonight.

Priority number two: Emma.

I know this doesn't make me a better boyfriend, but it makes me a better best friend...at least.

And we used to think we'd never see Derek Hale again.

"What if that's how Erica died? They, like, pit them against each other during the full moons and see which one survives," I say, finding the only logical explanation I can come up with while staring at my beautiful and nervous Emma.