Chapter One

THE WITCH

The stairwell was so dark Naommie couldn't even see the hand she held in front of her face. As she reached the bottom of the steps she felt the strange tingling sensation of the ward that had been placed in the entrance, the ward of course wouldn't stop anyone from entering the room, and it actually just read the person's aura. Bummer she thought if only it would stop people from entering, then she wouldn't have to deal with the mess all the time. As the sensation passed the room flooded with light, the light gave way to all the 'precautions' that had been set up in the small space. As she scanned the room her eyes fell upon what had once been a young boy, if she had to estimate his age she would say around the age of fifteen or sixteen. His blood coating the floor and walls with his throat split from ear to ear; as well as his stomach slit open. His flesh had been turned inside out as he hung by his ankles from the ceiling, the last of his blood was rapidly decreasing; all that was able to be heard was a steady drip, drip, drip, that echoed around the otherwise quiet room. Naommie so wished it was someone else, but she would get what she deserved, in time, patience after all is key in these things.

                Chapter One

    School, my purgatory for the last four years people tell me oh, Spirit school isn't that bad, not that bad? Not that bad? No, it's way worse than that. Eight hours a day sitting through boring lectures that no one listens to. If that isn't bad enough for you I have to deal with all the drama of teen life that is sure to put any sane person over the edge. I'm Spirit and I've got stage 4 senior-itis. If I think about though I guess some good can come from high school for example, Kameron Gates, head jock standing at 6'5 with blonde hair and baby blue eyes psh, what girl wouldn't be in love with him? Not that he would notice me, heck no boys would ever notice me. I'm plain Jane, the girl next door, the invisible girl at school. I wouldn't say I'm ugly, but I'm defiantly no model; standing at 5'0 with long wavy red hair that comes to a stop right above my butt, and bright ocean blue eyes oh, how I wish they were green. The only thing I have going for me is I was blessed with a nice body, with a chest at a size of 38DD. Sadly that comes with the problem of guys talking to my chest instead of my face, you could definitely say I also have a bubble butt, pair that with my tiny waist and well it's not too shabby. Not that anyone would ever be able to tell, I always love to wear large hoodies and baggy pants, I so much rather stay comfortable then having to be in some of those awful skinny jeans and low cut tight fitting bodice shirts, ugh nasty.

                ~~~~~

When the last bell of the day rings I can't get out of my desk fast enough, I just need to stop at my locker and pick up the rest of my homework and I'm out of here for the weekend. Just as I round the corner someone behind me yells "freak" as I turn to look who yelled, I run straight into what feels like a brick wall. Well crap! Just my luck, when I look up to see whom I have run into, I falter. I don't recognize the tall handsome boy before me, more like man he must be at least 6'9 with broad shoulders, and shoulder length brown hair, with amazing milk chocolate brown eyes. The snug fit T-shirt he is wearing leaves nothing to the imagination and holy crap! When tall dark and handsome clears his throat I realize I've been caught openly staring at him which cause heat to start rising up the back of my neck, as he extends his hand to help me up I risk a glance up at his face and find him smiling which of course makes me blush even more, mentally cursing myself I reach up to take the hand he has just offered me, as our hands touch I feel a shooting pain rip up my arm. Dang that hurts, when I look back at him though it doesn't seem like he felt it hmm odd. "Hi" talk dark and handsome says "I'm Sebastian"     oh goodness, his voice I could bathe in it wait what the heck? Where did that come from? Bathe in it? Why is he looking at me as if waiting for something? Oh crap! Right he spoke. Wait, what did he say, Oh! Name riiight.      'Hey, I'm I'm ummm,'         spit it out already stupid brain,     'I'm S-S-Spirit'     Smooth Spirit real smooth         'Spirit? That's a very unique name you got there doll'     'Oh, um thanks. Sorry for running into you I wasn't paying attention to where I was going, but if you'll excuse me I actually have to go.' And you staring at me like a cat watches a mouse its planning on eating, isn't helping much, I add silently.     'Oh c'mon now doll, where the fire?'    Really? Really? REALLY? Okay, now he's just getting on my nerves. 'Look I'm in a bit of a hurry'    I say     'and my names Spirit. Not doll.'          Why that smug little wanker, is he actually laughing at me?     'I like your "spirit" Spirit, but maybe they should've called you kitten instead, you know with all your spitting and hissing, although I don't think I've seen a cat blush'         he tells me with a sly grin. This of course makes my blush start to rise again. Before I can answer he continues on oblivious to my discomfort or so I hope. 'Cats however do purr' leaning in as close to me as he can without really being on top of me smiling and licking his oh so kissable lips he whispers. 'So kitten what would it take for me to get you to purr?'    Not even waiting for me to answer he says     'I'll be seeing you kitten.'    With a wink he turns and walks away.     'Not if I see you first'     I yell after him. Oh gosh I'm in way over my head if that carried on any longer they would have to wipe me up from the floor with sparkle paper towels. With a shudder I grab my bags from my locker and leave the school. On the walk home I keep replaying what happened with tall dark and handsome, ugh I've got to stop calling him that. What was that pain I felt when I first touched him, and why didn't he seem to feel it? If I keep thinking about this I'm never going to make it to work on time, I need to get to my Aunt Saudi's house, take a shower and get changed all in an hour. Good luck, I tell myself.