Heart of Steel

Chapter One

Alexanda Bayes POV

"Xander!" An amused voice made me have a slight fit, waking as i jumped out of my chair, startled. I looked around and took in my surroundings swearing quietly when i realised i was still in my dreaded biology class.

The bell must have gone, which left only Mr Tashel, my best friend Chase and I standing in the room. Chase laughed histerically at my expression and tried to squeeze out words in between his fits of laughter. "You...have dribble...on your face!"

I glared at him and wiped my face, grabbing my bag and heading out the door. As i walked past the teachers desk Mr Tashel looked at me amused. "I shall try not to bore you to sleep next class Mr Bayes."

I laughed and shook my head as i stepped out into the hall. Chase quickly fell into step beside me still chuckling slightly. "Shutup man. It's not like you haven't done it before."

"True, true." Chase had been my best friend since...well forever. Our mums used to go to book club together when they were pregnant with us, instantly making us best friends when we came into the world.

I heard Chase sigh beside me. "Cakeyourface, ten o'clock."

I looked to what i thought was ten o'clock, only to think again and look in the opposite direction. Approaching fast with a smirk on her face was Alice Barings. Orange spray tanned, blond hair extensioned, cake-your-face Alice Barings. I quickly turned before she saw i was looking at her and power-walked towards the parking lot.

Alice Barings' mind was twisted. She thought that every boy in the school was completly in love with her when really only one person was. And she didnt even know he existed.

Everyday for the past three years she had been acting like i was hers. She glared at any other girl i talked to and always bragged about being with me. Some boys would die to be with her but i dreaded even being seen with her. It wasn't that she was a bad person or that i hate her,  it was just that she was way too predictable. She curled her hair around her finger and flashed her eyelashes at any guy that walked by, she giggled she acted completly dumb.

"Hey, hot stuff!" i heard her call from behind me, making me walk faster. Chase chuckled beside me.

"I know you can hear me, hot stuff!" i heard her high healed shoes clop up beside me and i sighed, turning around and forcing a smile on my face.

"Alice, i'd love to stay and chat but i must get to work." i turned around again and pressed the button on my keys, making my car beep.

"But baby, work can wait." she pouted and twirled her hair around her fingers.

I scoffed and hopped into my car, shaking my head. Chase hopped in the other side and without a backwards glance i drove off out of the parking lot.

*                                                                                          *                                                                                    *

Charlie Lo's POV

A new town. A new life. New friends. A new school.

I didn't remember my old life. My old town, friends or school. In fact i didnt remember anything at all. As i sat in the small car on the way to my new home i sighed and looked out the window. I wish i could remember something. Anything at all but it's all gone. My earliest memory was waking up in a lovely house with a two adults sitting at the end of my bed, looking at me curiously, exited when i woke up.

They told me everything.

They told me about the car crash. They said that I was driving home from school when a car drove through a red light and crashed into the side of my car. I could have died. I should have died from the speed the car was coming towards me. But instead of dying or breaking bones i lost my memory which means i lost everything.

The two adults at the end of my bed were my parents. My mum Julie and my dad Charles. I didnt have any siblings and they said i didnt have any good friends either. My memory should have been coming back to me in slow sample but i still had nothing three weeks later.

They told me that we were going to move to another town to start a new life where people wouldn't stare at me and talk about my crash. They knew i wouldnt want that and i was grateful for their love but...something seemed wrong. i didnt know what it was or if it was even true but my gut feeling was coming up negative.

I had nothing so i blamed it on the crash. I felt like something was missing from my life and i was right. My memories. Mans most precious gift.

I was half dreading half looking forward to the move, Would this be a good thing? Would it turn out all good.

Guess i would have to find out.

---------------------------------------------

:D comment