Chapter 36

I woke up Monday morning with Axel holding me. I looked up slowly, trying my best not to disturb him. He was still fast asleep. His soft breaths blew my hair back and forth.

I let out a sigh and stared at him for a while. A small small spread across my lips. I placed a tiny kiss on his cheek and got out of bed.

I walked out of my room and into the bathroom, stripping from my pajamas. I ripped my hair free from my bun, messy from sleeping on it.

Turning on the shower, I placed my phone on the windowsill. I scrolled through my music and pick a couple of songs to play as I took my shower. I can't not take a shower without it because of two reasons: 1. I hate the sound of silence, 2. It times me for how long to be in the shower.

Hitting play the first song came on and I jumped into the shower. The song Wheel in the Sky by Journey played and I rocked out to it.

"Winter is here again, oh lord. Haven't been home in a year or more. I hope she holds on a little longer." I sang along with Journey. "Sent a letter on a long summer day. Made of silver, not of clay. Oh, I've been running down this dusty road."

"Oh the wheel in the sky keeps on turning! I don't know where I'll be tomorrow. The wheel in the sky keeps on turning!" A new voice, either tried to sing or just yelled, emerged and made me jump.

"Axel!" I screamed. "You almost gave me a heart attack!"

"Good morning, Sweet Cheeks." I could basically hear his smirk.

"Axel!"

"Okay, okay. I'll go, but I'll miss you." I imagined his puppy dog face and giggled to myself.

"Yea, yea." I said sarcastically.

"Tell me you love me." He said sternly.

"Hm... Nope. I don't think so." I toyed with him. I heard him groan and held in a laugh.

"If you don't, I will have to come in there." He threatened.

"Axel! No!" I screamed.

"Okay. 1... 2...-" he counted before I cut him off.

"I love you! Just don't come in here!" I screamed.

"I know you do. I love you too. Now hurry up, school is going to start soon and I still have to take a shower." He said.

* * *

I walked through the hallway, hand-in-hand, with Axel. The day was like any other; go to class, ignore the teacher, get homework, repeat.

It was about lunch time and everyone sat at the same table. Our squad was finally back together.

I walked towards the table and gave everyone a small smile and a wave. I sat down next to Axel and Ryan. Caitlyn sat next to Ryan, who sat next to Dominick, who sat next to Sarah. Dominick had his arm wrapped around Sarah and I gave them my best smirk I could muster up.

"Whoa. What did I miss?" I said crossing my arms and raising an eyebrow.

"Dominick and I are Dating!" Sarah squealed.

I looked at Dominick, he smiled at me and I nodded my head. "I'm really happy for you two."

"Thanks Em. That means a lot." Dominick said to me.

I felt a hand snake around me and pull me to my right. I looked up at Axel. He smiled down at me and pulled me into his lap.

I leaned in and watched as Axel close his eyes and made my move.

I grabbed Axel's bag of chips and began to much on them. Axel opened his eyes with confusion written all over his face.

"It's not nice to tease people like that." He smirked. His lips crashed on mine and I took a second to process what he was doing. I was about to kiss him back but he pulled away, leaving me in a daze and wanting to feel his lips on mine.

I narrowed my eyes and crossed my arms. Axel reached over and took a chip and plopped it in his mouth. "See. It's not nice to tease people." He said as he munched on the chip.

"Whatever." I mumbled under my breath and turned my attention to the gang's conversation.

"There is still a lot to do! We have to get our dresses, rent the limo, we have to do our hair and makeup-" Caitlyn blabbed on about going to Prom until Ryan interrupted here

"Caitlyn, Prom isn't until Friday. You have plenty of time."

"I know that, but I'm not even close to ready yet! I don't even have a date!" She said and basically slammed her head on the lunch table. She groaned and sat back up.

"At least you didn't get band from Prom like Emily." Ryan said. I shot him a look and he automatically shut his mouth.

"I'm sorry Emily. I really wish you could go to Prom with us." Sarah said while comforting Caitlyn.

I crossed my arms over my chest. "What makes you think I'm not going?" Everyone shot their heads towards me, all confused.

"What do you mean? Principle Katherine-" Caitlyn sniffled with puffy eyes and wet cheeks.

"I don't care what she said. I have been waiting all year for Prom and nothing is going to stop me from going." I stated bluntly.

"I didn't think it was possible, but you just became ten times hotter." Axel said in a sexy tone that would make any girls knees crumble. He softly grabbed my chin and placed a kiss on my lips. We both shared the same smile and kissed again.

"Okay you two, break it up. Your love is blinding." Sarah joked. We both looked at her. She looked up at Dominick and they intertwined their hands together.

Axel leaned in close to my ear, feeling his cool minty breath against my ear, he whispered, "You know, if we are going to Prom together, we have to do it right." Axel said in a sexy whispering tone.

I turned my head to him. "What do we have to do?" I asked him.

Axel rapped both arms around me, cuddling me in a hug. "You will see. Just be prepared and don't go snooping around." His words made me question him. What was he talking about? "Oh and we also have to go shopping for matching dress and tie for my tuxedo."

"Okay, fine. But I'm not wearing anything pink." I said seriously. Axel laughed.

"I was hoping you were going to say that, I feel bad for the guys that have to wear a pink tie." I giggled at him and messed up his hair. He glared at me and that only made me giggled more.

"What? Babe, I'm not wearing a pink tie, can't you wear a different color?" Axel and I looked over at Dominick and Sarah. Our eyes widened and we bursted out laughing.

Speak of the devil.