Trigger

New Jersey, 2013

David and Kolber followed a trail given by TIGAT, or, Trail Information Guide and Tracker. It showed them the closest power user. David had mixed a brand new sword with a lighter, and so when he flicked a switch on the bottom of the hilt, the blade lit on fire.

The two stumbled upon an alley, where they saw several footprints in the dust. Kolber counted six people had stood here. He scanned and found three Vikki Cungles, one Red Dawn, one Kaix Smith, and one Claire Parker.

"Something's not right. How can there be three of the same person? What was Red Dawn doing?"

David exclaimed, "Calire was here!"

"And she was standing behind one of the Vikkis. What was she doing?"

David felt like he was being watched. He turned around, and saw nothing. He shivered and walked over to  the edge of the alley and looked down both ways. Nobody was there.

Of course, someone was there. Saix and Claire. Saix had turned both of them invisible. Claire tried to pull away from Saix. "But, that's my brother!" 

"We need to make sure he hasn't left any influence over you. He could control you from wherever he is."

"But I'm fine!"

"What do you feel about him?"

"I hate his guts. Ruining that girl's life like that."

"He might have a trigger word that controls you. We have to find it before you come into contact with your brother."

Claire pushed Saix away and turned visible. "David!" she ran at her brother and hugged him. David struggled for a bit before Claire released David and he spun around, grinning. "Claire! You're alive!"

"I'm fine, Saix," she turned around, but Saix was still invisible, "saved me. She left. I was under Red Dawn's influence. Once I figured out his evil plan, he zapped me with his green eyes."

"Evil plan?" Kolber looked at Claire. "What evil plan?"

"Who's the crazy guy?" Claire asked David.

"That's Kolber. He sent us the letters"

"Seriously? Sweet!" Claire exclaimed.

"What evil plan? I need to know what his plan was!" Kolber crouched down in front of Claire.

"He wants David. He said something about... Project Combine Powers." Claire blinked. Saix gasped as she saw her put her hands behind her back and twist a ring around her finger and grab David's arm.

Kolber saw it coming and pulled Claire away from David. Kolber vanished from sight with a flash of red light. Claire gasped and fell down.

"Claire! Kolber!" David yelled out. He ran up to Claire and tried to wake her up. She groaned but didn't wake up. Saix ran forwards. She grabbed the ring and ran away. 

"Claire! Claire! Wake up! Claire!" David shouted. He felt his eyes water up. "Claire..."

He picked her up and carried her to the nearest hospital. He felt his tears fall of his face, and drip onto Claire.