Red Dawn

Somewhere in New Jersey

Kolber sat across from a tall, dark man, hidden in the shadows. A desk sepearated them, a few pictures on the desk, showing people, but in each one, someone was cut out from them.

"I realize the urgency" the man grunted. "If only we knew where Red Dawn was. It seems he knows about our experiments as well."

"If it's like last time, he will try and take their powers. He already has dozens." Kolber looked up at the man.

"And he doesn't need these two. We need our tracker. Where is she?"

"I already deployed her to the kid's house. She should arrive soon. And then I shall come in two weeks."

"We need to make this work, Kolber. If not, the entire world is in jeopardy. If the world is gone, I'm holding you responsible" the man told Kolber.

Kolber gulped and nodded. 

New York

"Fargo! Fargo!" David called out, looking here and there for his missing cat. He had brought Calire with him, as she new the situation could fall on both of them.

"Come here you stupid rat! Claire shouted.

"Hey! That's my cat you're talking about. And I heard about your cat. Wasn't he hot" David snickered.

"Woah, that is crossing the line, David"

"Fargo!" David called out again. he sighed. "We're never going to find Fargo."

"You know, I could make you forget about Fargo. I could replace her with Mr. Whiskers."

"No! Well, only if we can't find her by the time that Kolber guy comes." David sighed again.

Claire felt sorry for him and did it anyway, made him forget all about Fargo, instead making him think Mr. Whiskers was his cat, as well as Claire's. David blinked.

"What are we doing out here again?" David asked.

"I don't remember either." Claire lied. Then, she thought of something. Maybe she could change her memories as well. She concentrated and made her memories of Fargo the same as David's.

She heard the bell of a bike and she turned around and saw a girl with black hair sitting atop her bike. "Who are you?"

"My name is Marissa. Call me Mari. I was sent by Kolber, the man who gave you powers."

"Wh-why?" David asked.

"That's Classified, David. Here. Is this your cat?" she held out Fargo. Fargo squawked. David frowned.

"That's a cat?" David asked.

"Ah, Claire must've erased your memory." she reached out with her free hand and touched David's forehead. David remembered Fargo and jerked back. "Fargo!"

"Who? You're crazy. That isn't a cat" Claire said.

"You found out about your power, too." she did the same to Claire and Claire blinked. "Oh, right"

David grabbed Fargo and hugged her. She squawked again.

"You have powers too?" Claire asked.

"I can reverse anything, really. Like if someone planed this tree, I could make it so the tree wasn't planted."

"Cool! Can you turn Fargo into a normal cat again?" David asked.

"Certainly, David" Mari touched Fargo's forehead and David's bird and his mirror clattered to the ground, and Fargo was a normal cat again. She meowed and started purring, glad her voice was back.

"Wow!" David exclaimed.

"That's why I was sent. I can make sure you two don't mess up before Kolber gets here. Now, let's get you two home before your parents start to worry."

They both followed her back to their house. David turned, feeling as though someone was watching, but only saw houses, as well as a man eating ice cream. The man had dark brown hair with black glasses on his nose. He stared at the ice cream-eating man, and the man stared back. David noted that his shirt said Red Dawn, and the picture of a red sun along the horizon. David shrugged and kept on walking after Mari.