Chapter 25: What Now?

Travis' POV: 

She left.

That's the only thing I can manage to think. She left. She actually left. 

I knew I had been a jerk for the past few months; but I didn't think she would actually leave me. I figured she would stay until I felt better.

I knew I was acting really sorry for myself, but I thought she would stay. I know I have been unfair. After all she was hurt over losing my brother they had grown pretty close before the wedding. I also knew that she felt used after our one intimate night together last month.

We had also been fighting quite a bit lately. All she was trying to do was talk to me and see how I was feeliing; and I acted like a complete jackass. 

I slap my hand to my forehead. What have I done?

I just lost one of the only things I've ever loved. She is my everything. I know I can't go on without her.

She was right when she said that the only difference between us is that she is stronger.  Now I know she was right. She lost her little brother but kept going, and she just watched her husband be worthless for months and she was finally strong enough to keep moving. 

All I ever do is sit around and feel sorry for myself. I don't know any better. I can't do this anymore. I need to get her back.

That's when I feel my phone buzz in my pocket, I take it out and am surprised when I read the message displayed across the screen.

Melody: Safely in New York. Take care of yourself. xo

Instead of replying I decide to call her; maybe I can convince her to come back.

I am proven wrong when my call is sent to voicemail after the second ring. 

I decide on texting her.

Travis: Baby, please give me a call. I miss you and I am sorry for everything. Just give me another chance. I love you.

She quickly responds much to my reply.

Melody: You are all out of chances. I'm done Travis. Goodbye.

"Dammit!" I yell and throw my phone across the room. I need to find out where she's at. I quickly pick up my now shattered phone and run to the truck.

.....

When I arrive to Melody's work office I have a small glimmer of hope that I will be able to find out where she went.

A woman smiles when I come in, "May I help you sir?"

"I  was wondering if I could talk to your boss."

"I'm sorry sir but he is a very busy man."

I can't believe what I am about to say.

"May I speak to Ethan Upton then?"

"I will see if he's available." She calls his office. After a few brief seconds she hangs up the phone; and leads me to an office down the hall. The door opens and Ethan emeges. His smile quickly fades when he sees me.

"Thank you Patricia." She nods and goes back to her desk.

Ethan motions me inside his office. He closes the door.

"What do you want?" 

"I was wondering if you could tell me whereMelody is?"

He just starts laughing.